Play with Folders and Files

Many times it is asked how can i create/delete folder so i found a way to play with all the folders and files by using an automation variable “Microsoft Scripting Runtime” it is basically a file system object by using this variable you can create,delete,rename,copy or move the folders and files.

Hi ajay, I have a problem in looping the item or files that exist in a folder through code. Do you have any idea how i could actually do it? Thanks.

I have a problem with my pass-through queries using c/odbc. Everything seems to run so slowly with a big network hit, its almost as if navision isnt executing the SQL statement at all? Looking at the trace, it seems that Navision is returning the information record by record. It takes 20 minutes to give me a 10 meg file. How can I speed this up?

quote:

Originally posted by ajayjain
Many times it is asked how can i create/delete folder so i found a way to play with all the folders and files by using an automation variable “Microsoft Scripting Runtime” it is basically a file system object by using this variable you can create,delete,rename,copy or move the folders and files.

Hie there I have a question, How would you reference properties for contols on a report using code?

Dear Wong use system table “File” and filter it for the folder you want. you will get the list of files and subfolders of that folder.

Thanks ajay.

Hi Ajay jain Couple of ways to achieving this task like 1. Using FILE COM automation server and OCX control. 2. Navision System Table File. 3. Using Navsion Development Kit. Please go for the suitable solutions given above.