Planning worksheets question

I have 2 sales order of Item SPK-100, begin inventory is 0.

SO 1 :

Order date 28/01/10, Item SPK-100, Qty : 30. And create Qty ship with posting date 28/01/10 : 10.

Item availability by periods

27/01/10 : PAB = -10

28/01/10 : GR = 20, PAB = -30

SO1

Order date 29/01/10, Item SPK-100, Qty : 30.

And I run Planning worksheet. It have 2 action message of SPK-100 which have qty is 20, 30 at 27/01/10 and 28/01/20.

I think the correct is 30, 30 at 27/01/10 and 28/01/10. So how Navision calc planning quantity?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for my English.

Please check your item and vendor for “lead time calculation”. Check the inbound and outbound handling times for the location you have entered in your sales order.

When they are all empty, you will see exactly the result you describe.
In this case the system assumes that you receive the same day you order the item. So there is no need for the system to order all 30 at once.

When you have a lead time entered in the item or vendor you will get the result you expect.

To get further information on this topic, do not hesitate to press F1 in your Navision and search for “Replenishment”. This will give you plenty of results and give you enough information to understand the issues.

I checked “Lead time calculation”, it was empty.

So “When they are all empty, you will see exactly the result you describe” → it is correct.

I change “Lead time calculation” to 1M. And run planning again.

“When you have a lead time entered in the item or vendor you will get the result you expect” → it not correct, the result like when lead time calculation is empty.

Sorry for my English.

I know why it had the result.

If I use reordering policy : Order or Lot-to-Lot with not check Include Inventory : Planning worksheet will give the the result i describe.

If i use reordering policy : Fixed Reorder Qty, Maximum Qty, Lot-to-lot with check Include inventory : Planning worksheet will give the the result i expect.

Sorry for my English.

Lot-for-Lot will check inventory if you select the “include inventory” flag.