Planning worksheet formula

Dear all Would any body able to tell me the exact formula the planning worksheet use to come out the suggested production order and purchase order. I have tried to derive one, but not very sure it is correct. Below is what I have derived. Finished Goods = Component Forecast Quantity + Max (Sales Forecast Quantity, Customer Order Quantity) + Blanket Order Quantity Components = Max (Sales Forecast quantity, Customer order) + Blanket Order + Max (Component Forecast quantity, (Exploded Customer Order + Exploded Blanket Order + Exploded Components Forecast) Thanks & Best Regards Pang Lin

Hi It depends upon the items reordering policy and any order modifiers set against the item., you also have forecasts and the ending date of the plan to consider. Not sure why you need the formula, but think of it as all demand less inventory (if included in the policy) plus expected fulfillment equals the possible requirement.

[quote]
Dear Steven Thank you for your reply. I need the formula becasue, I am not able to get what I want from the availability report. I need to develop one that meet my customer’s requirement. Below is what I have tested. My location mandatory setting is NO Gross Requirement related questions:- Definition from the help Gross Requirement: This is the total demand, independent and dependent, for the particular item. Independent demand comes from sales orders (tested OK), service orders (not yet tested), transfer orders (net yet tested) and production forecasts (tested not ok, refer to below Question 1 & 2). Dependent demand comes from production order components from planned (tested not ok); firm planned and released production orders (tested ok). Component demand for production order proposals in planning and requisition worksheets is also included (not yet tested). Question 1: Creation steps 1. Create a Purchase item 2. Enter production forecast (sales) with quantity 10 (independent demand) 3. run planning worksheet 4. run availability report System output: the quantity 10 was show under planned receipt. My expected result is that it should show 10 under gross requirement. Question 2: 1. Create a Manufactured item 2. Enter production forecast (sales) with quantity 10 (independent demand) 3. run planning worksheet 4. run availability report System output: the quantity 10 was show under planned receipt. My expected result is that it should show 10 under gross requirement. Question 3: 1. Create a blanket order for a purchase item with quantity 10 2. run planning worksheet 3. run availability report System output: the quantity 10 was show under planned receipt My expected result is that it should show 10 under gross requirement. This is because my understanding of blanket order is an agreement between me and customer. Question 4: 1. Create a finished goods item ¨C FG1 2. Create a component item ¨C C1 3. Create BOM to link two of them ¨C FG1 4. Go to item card to link BOM FG1 to finished goods item FG1 5. Enter production forecast (component) with quantity 10 (dependent demand) 6. run planning worksheet 7. run availability report System output: the quantity 10 was show under planned receipt My expected result is that it should show 10 under gross requirement. Thanks & Best Regards Pang LIn

Hi I am actually not sure if you are making a statement or asking a question. Gross Requirement is demand, so this is what you need. Q1. This is supply not demand, so your requirement is none. Q2. This is supply not demand, so your requirement is none. Q3. This is supply not demand, so your requirement is none. Q4. This is supply not demand, so your requirement is none. (Although your component will show a gross requirement from the planned production of the parent). I would check what your customer actually wants, because it sounds as though the concept of supply and demand is being confused. Also the help you quote refers to the planning availability report, a report I believe that is run internally. I do not believe this is the same as the inventory availability report.

Dear Steven Thank you for you enlightenment. So the key word to explain to the user is that: - Production forecast is meant to enter SUPPLY forecast and not DEMAND forecast which customer is so used to it in their manual operation. May I confirm demand will come from Sales Order, Service order, Transfer order? Also, how to explain Blanket Order is a Supply and not Demand? Thanks & Best Regards Pang Lin[:D][:D]

Hi Taking an example, you were in question 1 entering a forecast, this is expected demand. You then ran the requisition worksheet and planned for the item, whether this was purchase or production this was supply fulfilling the demand, and this is the reason you were seeing it in your planned receipt and not gross requirement. So you are incorrect when you say

quote:

So the key word to explain to the user is that: - Production forecast is meant to enter SUPPLY forecast and not DEMAND forecast which customer is so used to it in their manual operation.

Production forecast is expected demand, when you make to this demand, this is the supply! Sales orders, transfer orders and service orders as well as sales blanket orders can be considered demand, whilst balnket orders considered supply. This is all orrelevant to how and where Navision handles these though!

Dear Steven Thank you very much. I would like to close this topic. Thanks & Best Regards Pang Lin