I have a problem with master planning AX 2012 R2 CU7. Here is the case:
- I have setup default order setting on released product, with Inventory minimum order qty = 100 pcs and standard order qty = 100 pcs.
- I have setup minimum stock level for plan coverage (Requirement) = 1000 pcs.
- Today’s stock = 100 pcs.
- Then, system calculated master plan for replenishment minimum stock level = 900 pcs, in one plan production order!
I expect that system will create 9 plan production orders (@100 pcs), instead of just 1 plan production order (900 pcs). FYI, I have tried plan coverage Periodic also. It still not splited the requirement into standard order qty.
After several testing, I conlude that:
- If requirement qty is below than standard/ minimum order qty, system will roll up the qty = standard/ minimum order qty. I’m fully agree with that.
- But, if requirement qty is greater than standard order qty, system does not split the requirement into multiple plans with @ standard order qty.
My questions are:
- Does my understanding is true or false?
- If standard system really beheaves like that. So, what purpose of standard order qty? All references I have read tell me that it used to split order into @ standard order qty.