Pick Material and report as finished

Hi,

Standard AX do not allow the user to neither extra nor miner material from a predefined BOM item.

example:

Item “A” require 10 qty of item “B”

standard ax do not allow me to report item “A” as finished unless i pick 10 qty, if i pick 9, i cant report as finish, and if i pick 11 i cant post the picking journal.

now my question is, what is the parameter responsible of validating the qty?

1- what is the solution to force the AX to report as finish even i pick only 9?

2- what is the parameter that force AX from posting the picking journal if i pick 11?

Regards

Hi,

In the report as finished form

we have option of accept error check box. select that and post it.

Sarathy

Hi,

Would the extra or miner material treated as “error”? are you sure this will work out?

if yes

what is the difference between “accept error” and “end-mark picking list”? would that do the same trick?

is there any other parameter to disable the system from validating the quantity at all based those two mentioned options “error and end picking boxes”?

Regards

If you need to pick 9 you define 9 and ensure end is checked on the pick journal line to tell the system there are no more. If you auto-consume you cannot do this. You do not need the accept error if you do this.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

but can i ensure that there is no parameter responsible for the qty validation that i can simply disable? and standard AX comes with qty validation by default?

can say this?

Regards

Hi,

If you select “End-mark picking list” check box, it mean no extra material consumption is expected to post for that particular production order. and If you select “Accept error” check box, it check the inconsistencies & it generates error log and it cancel RAF.

Sarathy

That is correct, it validates at RAF automatically. You either process all of the required elements or you tick the accept error box to complete RAF.