"Physical inventory ","Financial inventory" and "Coverage plan by dimension" check box in storage dimension group definition in AX2012

Dear all:

Can any one explain to me the purpose of using the "Physical inventory " , “Financial inventory” and “Coverage plan by dimension” check box in storage dimension group definition in AX2012 with example if applicable please??

Many thanks in advance

Case: Warehouse - Physical Inventory(unselected) & (physical negative inventory check box unselected in your inventory model group)

you have two warehouse W1,W2.

Stock W1 - 10

Stock W2- 5

suppose you got an SO and the warehouse W1 is given in SOLine for quantity 15. You can post the packingslip for SO for 15 with warehouse W1 though you have only 10 quantity at W1.

Case:when the physical inventory check box is selected (physical negative inventory check box unselected in your inventory model group)

You can sell only the available quantity at that particular warehouse. considering the above case system allows you to pick only 10 but not 15.

Hope you can do the Research with this clue. Let me know if you need more clarity.

due to time constraint can’t write about financial inventory. But, sure you will see that from my next reply [:D]

Go to a new item record with a new dimension group with Site and Warehouse set for item coverage and go to planning for item coverage. Set an item coverage record, it will control planning by site and warehouse. Delete this record, alter the dimension group to not control coverage at warehouse, go back to the item coverage, you will not you cannot plan by warehouse, only site. So depending upon how you plan (consumption by site or auto transfer rules by warehouse) you will need to set this.