Phys. Inventrory Jounal

Hello, We just counted our entrire stock and uploaded it through a special program to the Phys. Inventory Journal. The only things that where uploaded are for each artikel the number we counted. Now If I look into the Inventory Journal I see also lots off other stuff like prices. If we book our Inventory Jounal will this affect prices? and will this effect our accountancy? Our is it only booking the new quantity’s? I think that it only books quantity’s but I’m not shure. Also another question. We want to start with FIFO. But our historical prices ar not trustable. We want to copy the current prices over the historical ones so that all the history is has the same price as today. Is this possible our should I take other steps? Tank you verry much. Greetings.

My first concern is the comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lord_Garfield
We just counted our entrire stock and uploaded it through a special program to the Phys. Inventory Journal. The only things that where uploaded are for each artikel the number we counted.

Did you write this yourself, and use ODBC to upload? If so, you may have missed validations that are required. If you are lucky, you will get a posting error.

quote:

Now If I look into the Inventory Journal I see also lots off other stuff like prices. If we book our Inventory Jounal will this affect prices? and will this effect our accountancy? Our is it only booking the new quantity’s? I think that it only books quantity’s but I’m not shure.

Really this is where you should be working with your project manager from your NSC. Unless you are using Standard cost, then your opening inventory posting will set the inventory costs. You do need to get this right, since it is a lot of work to fix later.

quote:

Also another question. We want to start with FIFO. But our historical prices ar not trustable. We want to copy the current prices over the historical ones so that all the history is has the same price as today. Is this possible our should I take other steps?

Again you really do need more than just a quick answer over NOLUG. I must emphasize that you should call your project manager, they will have planned this out for you long ago, and it will have been a part of your original project, so you have probably already paid for this. The answer though, is yes this is possible. You just update your physical journal prices to be your current prices. After posting, all your entries will still be fifo, based on the current price, and going forward will be correctly updated. As an FYI, more than half of the Go-Lives I have done use the method you are requesting, it is very common, and your NSC will knnow it well. PS are you from Bornem as in the name of that great tripple I was enjoying over the weekend? http://www.navision.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6908

Yes I’m indeed from Bornem. In Belgium and we have good beers :). I hope you enjoyed your weekend :). Tank you for your answers. Vote for Belgium :slight_smile: