Phone Number on Sales Shipment document

I am looking for a way to get my customer’s phone number on the Sales Shipment document (Report 10077). I do not see anything related to the phone number as an available Dataset in the report.

If I create an Ship-To address in the customer card, I can put the phone number in the Ship To Address, but then it doesn’t show up in the Shipping or the Billing section of the Sales Order, and I also can’t find a way to add that information to the report.

The only way I could figure out how to do it was to put the phone number in the Address 2 field of the Address and Contact section of the customer card, but then it shows up on all of the billing addresses as well, and I don’t want that.

I feel like there should be an easy way to get a phone number on shipping documents, since businesses that do their own deliveries like we do would want that information available. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Might be easiest to make the report a 50xxx report. Then with code you can get the phone number from the appropriate customer record and include it in the dataset using a Text variable. Once the report is good, then just update your Report Selections to point to your new report instead of the base report.

Diggity30,

You are correct. The Phone No. field is not in the Dataset for the report. You should ask your Partner to add the field to the Dataset and then you can update in Custom Report Layout.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Steve

Thank you for reaching out with your query regarding getting the customer’s phone number on the Sales Shipment document (Report 10077). I understand the importance of having this information readily available on shipping documents. While the default dataset for the report may not include the phone number field, there are alternative approaches you can consider to achieve your desired outcome. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Customization: If you have development capabilities or access to a developer, you can customize the report to include the phone number field from the customer’s record. By modifying the dataset or adding additional data fields, you can ensure that the phone number appears on the Sales Shipment document.
  2. Data Mapping: Another option is to map the phone number field from the customer’s record to a relevant field in the Sales Shipment document. This can be done through the configuration settings in Business Central, such as field mapping or page customizations. This approach would require adjusting the data mapping settings to populate the phone number field in the report.
  3. Extension/Add-on: Explore the possibility of using an extension or add-on specifically designed for this purpose. There might be third-party solutions available in the Business Central ecosystem that can enhance the functionality of reports and provide the ability to include additional customer information, such as phone numbers, on shipping documents.

I recommend discussing these options with your technical team, Business Central partner, or a qualified consultant who can assist you in implementing the most suitable solution based on your specific requirements and system setup.

Feel free to provide additional details or ask further questions if needed. We’re here to support you in finding the best approach to address your requirement.