Permissions on form

How can I prevent one user from opening one specific form with user permissions?

If the user has a unique role remove the access from the role, if they do not removing it will remove it from all other users, so you will need to create a new role and assign it to that user. I am assuming you have developed roles and permissions and that users do not have access to all forms, otherwise you will need to build your roles from the bottom up.

I have created user permissions based on standard roles and custom roles. That is all. It means that users have access to all forms. How exactly can I prohibit one specific form? What would be the right way to define user rights?

One of the correct ways is to build the roles up from scratch - so you define EVERY form they have access to - in this manner you can then remove forms - if you give them access to all forms you cannot remove just one. Other ways I believe are to design new forms and apply these to the roles or buy a third party add on, although I have not personnally seen the one referenced in these sort of postings by Lanham Associates. I suggest you try and create a new role, for example if the user should not have access to the item card, create new inventory roles and assign them to the user - although you will need to ensure the permissions required from the ALL role are copied - you cannot leave this in as it gives rights to all forms [:D]. You could create a role with every object in it and restrict it in this manner. Basically it is painful and longwinded.

Painful it was, but I managed. Funny I can teach my NSC consultants now too :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi

quote:

… I suggest you try and create a new role, for example if the user should not have access to the item card, create new inventory roles and assign them to the user - although you will need to ensure the permissions required from the ALL role are copied - you cannot leave this in as it gives rights to all forms [:D]. You could create a role with every object in it and restrict it in this manner. Basically it is painful and longwinded.
Originally posted by SBWEAVER - 2005 Jan 21 : 11:33:28

Perhaps an easier way: I had the same problem (e.g. with trainees). I created one role “train” without any permissions for them. If one them opens the main form a codeunit checks the user. If the user is a member of the above mentioned role some forms / menus are hidden. It works perfect. bye André