Permission for Quick Search

Hi,

I am creating some roles using the function provided in http://www.go-live.us/downloads.htm, and i noticed something which is very weird, the quick search stopped working! does anyone have any idea why and how can i change this, currently the users are using the SUPER permission but i will need to make some security policies as different types of users begin using navision soon. I am using Navision 4 SP1 with sql server 2005.

Thanks

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by quick search. Do you mean the ability to search in non-editable find by typing in the field?

If yes, then this feature and be enabled / disabled from Tools → Options → Quick Find.

Do you mean just using the normal search (Ctrl+F)?

If yes, then this can be controlled by permissions. Go to Tools → Security → Roles. Select the role you want to change (Role → Permissions). Add the “2510 Edit, Find” system permission.

Regards

Claus

Hi Claus,

I mean both . I tried the first and it is enabled but doesnt work, i want to try the second but i do not understand what you mean by:

“If yes, then this can be controlled by permissions. Go to Tools → Security → Roles. Select the role you want to change (Role → Permissions). Add the “2510 Edit, Find” system permission.”

my role → permission table is empty. if that is what u mean

Thanks

Hi Ziad

Go to Tools → Security → Roles. This screen (the role screen) shows you all the roles in the Database.

You said that all your users had SUPER permission. This normally means that the SUPER role is assigned to the users. The SUPER role has the below permission (Role → Permissions):

Object Type

Object ID

Read Permission

Insert Permission

Modify Permission

Delete Permission

Execute Permission

Table Data

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Table

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Form

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Dataport

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Codeunit

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

XMLport

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

MenuSuite

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

System

Hi Ziad

My screen dumps disappeared when I posted the reply. I will try to upload them as a file instead.

Regards

Claus

Hi Claus,

Got it!

Thanks for your help,

Hi Ziad. This is not a finished product (as written in the disclaimer below). I only created it to help get someone started, its not really designed to be “ready to go”. [;)]