Periods and Ledger transaction not tagged as Year closed after running year-end closing

Hi,

Just want to ask if you have experienced running fiscal year-end close in AX 2009 where after processing, the periods are not tagged as “Year closed” and the “Year closed” field in the ledger transaction is not ticked but I have opening transactions posted. Did I missed something on the setup side? I have just used the usual year-end closing process. Hope you help me understand this matter.

Thank you so much,

Kristine

have you enabled the parameter "Set fiscal year status to closed"in GL parameters?

If you didn’t, please enable this and run the fiscal year close. Please test this in your test box :).

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, already ticked when I run the year-end closing but the status is Closed. How is that happened?

Regards,

Kristine

I think I’m missing something.

please confirm my understanding is correct. you are running the fiscal year close and your requirement is that once you run fiscal year close for previous year. the period statuses should get changed to “closed”.

Hi Santosh,

This is what I did.

1. I closed the periods since I cannot run the fiscal year close unless all the periods has the status “Closed”.

2. In GL parameters, I ticked the “Set period status to year closed”.

3. So when I run the fiscal year close, I assume that after the process, my periods’ status should be automatically be “Year closed” but it did not even the parameter is ticked.

I also check the previous year transactions, the “Year closed” is not ticked too but able to post opening transaction. It’s kinda weird. All is okay except the statuses didn’t update. Hope you helped understand this. Thanks!

Regards,

Kristine