Period Error

Hello friends,i created a PO whose delivery date is of dec of 2012 and packing slip date is feb 2013.now i am getting error that period for 11/06/2011 is not open.so posting has been cancelled

Hi,

Check Posting Periods, it seems you don’t have posting periods after 11/06/2011.

Hope this will help you.

Dear Sravya.tnx for ur reply i checked all periods are created and open.the date which mentioned in the error that period is closed.but since i mentioned earlier there is no meaning of these date here as creation,delivery date is in 2012 and 2013

Hi,

i think in periods form, the period for which you are doing the transaction has been closed…

please update the status to opened…

Dear Chaitanya,yes the period is closed for which i am getting error and current period is open on which PO is made.but the date in the error is nothing to do with the PO’s Date as there is no such date in the PO.so posting PO is cancelled everytime

Date that matter is which you give in the posting screen i.e., in the screen which comes when you click product receipt and Invoice. Creation date and Delivery date that you mention in the PO screen will not be considered. So, ensure that you are giving the valid date in the posting screen.

Date that matter is which you give in the posting screen i.e., in the screen which comes when you click product receipt and Invoice. Creation date and Delivery date that you mention in the PO screen will not be considered. So, ensure that you are giving the valid date in the posting screen.

Hello mohmedaakib,

Did you find a solution for this problem?

We have the same issue.

For example: I’m trying to post an invoice with a date 28.03.2014. This date in included in March period and it is open.

When trying to post this, i got this error message “02.04.2014 period is not open”. This date is the current date that i’m creating the document.

I changed the system date to 28.03.2014 but i still get this message. I mean, in this situation there is nothing relevant to 02.04.2014… System date is 28.03.2014, the posting date and document date of the invoice is 28.03.2014. There isn’t any 02.04.2014, but the error message shows…

If you found a solution, ccould you please share? Or any other idea?

Thanks,