Performance

Hello, I have serious problems of performance with Axapta. For example, the recording of a line of customer order spends several seconds. Would someone else have problems of performance? Do you know which parameters it is necessary to tune to speed up the recordings in the database? Thank you.

Eric, Could you give a little more information - Have you made any modifications to this part of the application? Are you running 2-tier or AOS? I am not aware of any particular performance issues with the standard Axapta application - any below par performance has always come down to either bad design of development or sub-standard hardware specifications. regards, Adam Seaton

Adam, I use Axapta SP2 with Option Pack and Market Pack. I am running 2-tier mode. We have a large SQL Server (four-processor, 1GB RAM) and a Gigabit Ethernet network. Axapta turns on Compaq iPaq (Pentium 3, 1GHz) and the validation of a salesline spend 2 seconds. We validate approximately 15000 saleslines per day over one normal day. 2 seconds per line, it is too much ! In the same way, all the process we run in Axapta are very slow (for example, we have a batch processing who prints in flood all the invoices of the day). It spends several hours and we can see heaviness in the processing. Does somebody have this same kind of problems (on identical number of command)? Thank you !

Eric, Having read your posting, can I ‘assume’ that your performance issue is ONLY related to the Sales Orders? If so I’ve encountered similar performance issues where the problem was infact to do with the amount of Trade Agreements that had been created for Sales. When a Sales Order line is created the system will check for any appropriate trade agreements that have been defined. The more trade agreements there are the longer it takes. In my particular experience, I believe the client had in excess of 300+ Customer Trade Agreements thus creating a significant performance issue. If I remember correctly, you can look at the ‘CacheLooUp’ setting for the appropriate table i.e PriceDiscTable/PriceDiscLine. You may see it set to ‘EntireTable’ which maynot be the optimal setting. In my case, it was actually quicker not to ‘cache’ the data from these tables. PLEASE NOTE… I am not an Axapta Developer, therefore I would appreciate it for you to confirm the correct table names and settings for CacheLookUp. It maybe worth contacting your local Navision office for a more definitive description of ‘CacheLookUp’ Hope this proves useful,

Carl, Thank you for your very interesting answer to my problem. Unfortunaly, i’ve just tested it (by deleting PriceDiscTable on a test database) and the performance was the same. Thank you ! Eric.

Eric, i made the experience, that a lot of transactions in axapta depend on the tax tables (TaxGroupxx, TaxItemxx, TaxLedgerxxx, TaxOnItem…) We once deactivated caching on them and had terrible performance. Maybe look at them and play with the cache settings for them. Pirmin

Do you clean up your number sequences. You can select to have them reorganised every 24 hours. It’s an selection when making a number sequence. If you dont do that, you have a slow system.