Password encryption

Hi AX-Devs, How are the Passwords in the “USERINFO” Table encrypted? How can i create such passwords outside Axapta? Is it a combination of “name” and “password”? with regards, Christian Kurta

Have you tried using buildPassword method in Dictionary class?

No, because i’d like to create these passwords outside Axapta, for example in PHP. with regards, Christian Kurta

Hi, I am not sure whether it is possible to create Axapta passwords from outside - PHP in your case. Mainly because as you can appreciate Axapta password algorithms are protected by nature. May be you can connect to Axapta from PHP and call buildPassword method from there. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

If you are looking to create a encrypted password in PHP, you have many options for crypting algorithms, like crypt, md5, etc. If you are looking for a way to insert password encrypted with Axapta algorithm in PHP, that you have to connect to Axapta from PHP, call the method Harish mentioned (buildPassword in Dictionary class). I am not sure how this is done in PHP, but surely you have to connect using Business Connector. I know how to connect using ASP.NET.