partial customer payments???

Our client is using 3.60. Scenario. They have 3 $1000 inovoices on a client. They recieve a $1500 payment. They post the payment on account(no application). Then go into application from the customer card. and want to apply $500 to each invoice. Navision wants to apply $1000 to the first invoice. I cannot find a place to set the amount to apply. Is this a mod, or am I just missing somthing??

If your using the US version, there’s a function called Deposits that will allow you to post partial payments to multiple invoices. If not, then it’s a mod.

Thanks, I found this in Deposits in the General Ledger, not sure why it is not on the Cash Reciepts Journal. We usally direct the customer to one place or another(Cash Recipets Journal or Deposits). They need this functionality somewhat after the fact. Since the customer might be making a deposit for a number of projects(builder of custom kitchens)and will need to apply the check to a number of invoices after the deposit has been made. Unless someone comes up with somthing, we will go ahead a mod it. Thanks.

This is a fairly significant piece of custom. The biggest problem is they way that all the aging reports are created. After you got the applications working, you would have to re-write about 6 reports (from memory, less than 10 anyways). It is an upgrade nightmare [:)] The US Deposits function just cheats by creating multiple Customer Ledger Entries for the Deposit (one for each application). They can do this as the CLE aren’t yet posted. If you need to do it after the fact, you are getting into a much larger issue. If you are looking at 4.0, I think this functionality is there.

We have his problem but also: -Sometimes a customer will actually over pay an invoice. -Our customers like to take deductions for various reasons (i.e. damage, advertising allowance, etc.). But we’re in a fun industry where large companies don’t like to send backup for those deductions with the payment. Sometimes they arrive days or even weeks later. We have to put this deduction on account and wait for the backup so we can properly apply it or dispute it. Right now handling these is a bear and a simple clerical error can really mess up payment statistics. Any suggestions out there for these problems? Thanks in advance.

A possible work-around is to post the $1500 payment as three $500 payments and allocate each one individually. The other side of the transaction (the bank) can remain as a $1500 payment. You could possibly alter the cash receipt screen to automatically split the original transaction into three, if required.

quote:

Originally posted by PaulBradbury
A possible work-around is to post the $1500 payment as three $500 payments and allocate each one individually. The other side of the transaction (the bank) can remain as a $1500 payment. You could possibly alter the cash receipt screen to automatically split the original transaction into three, if required.

This is what the Deposits functionality does in the NA Version. [:)]

I did this kind of mod a long time ago where I used the entry number to do the application instead of the document no. By doing this, all the aging report still came up correctly without any modifications.

I think that the functionality in Deposits is going to take care of 90% of their issues, and we will do a work around for the other 10%. They don’t think it is worth the time to “fix”. At least they understand the time is not free. Wish all my clients were as understanding!!