PARETO in Attain

Hi Has anyone experience of dealing with PARETO? I need to develop a report that tells me what product lines have given me 80% of my revenue (usually @ 20% of product lines), 50% of revenue (@ 50% of lines). From here the items giving me 80% of my revenue are assigned a pareto code of A, the 50% of items a B and the remaining a C. This would generally be run @ month end. Each time the report is run the stock items are updated with their relevant pareto code. Thanks Fleur

You have a lot of the information already in the Customer/Vendor/Item Top 10 lists.

HI Yes but I need to be able to store the PARETO code against item, then update the item card each time the report is run. Any ideas? Thanks

If you have access to Axapta then I would suggest you look in there for inspiration. It has an ABC analysis that can be run on the basis of Revenue, Cost price, margin and carrying cost. Each value is stored against the item record. You can then do comparitive analysis on issues such as items with high carrying cost and low margin (A in one group and C in the other) and so on. Unfortunately I’ve not seen this kind of development in Financials/Attain.

What I actually meant was to suggest that you use the reports I mentioned as basis for your new reports.

Fleur… that’s why using variables type record with the flag temporary for keeping things while you’re processing things on the real table seems really useful…

Would the following enhancement meet your needs? If so, it is in our library and available for sale. If so, please contact me for further information. ABC Inventory Classification: Designed to allow the user to classify Inventory into industry standard ABC classifications or their own custom classifications. The user can define from 2 to 10 Classification groups, with any desired percentage allocation per group. The user can choose to have the Classification based on the user’s choice of current stock Quantity on Hand, current stock Value on Hand (at Cost), Sales Quantity (based on a user defined time range), or Sales Amount (based on a user defined time range