Override filterbyfield

Hi,

I would like some help around overriding filterbyfield, filterbyselection criterias.

I have a form, when I do filter by field and when it populates more records I need to Mark all the records that are filtered.

Currently, when I give mark all, all the records diplayed on the form are marked rather than marking the records that are filtered.

Can anyone suggest how to do this? I tried overriding filter methods, but it doesn’t work when I execute the query.

Do let me if there are any other methods to do this.

Thanks!

I don’t understand the problem. You said: *"*when I do filter by field (…) when I give mark all, all the records displayed on the form are marked rather than marking the records that are filtered". I would expect that only the filtered records are displayed in the form, therefore selecting displayed records and selecting filtered records would mean the same thing.

What’s wrong with my understanding?

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the filtered records are appear on the form. But when I give mark all, it is clearing the filter and marking all of the records that is there in the original state of the form.

I hope I should have a method, that saves the current state of the filter. Is there a method to do this Martin?

What do you exactly do to “give mark all”?