order tracking setting is missing in calculate plan-plan wksh

Dear All,
These words I’ve got from TechnicalWhitePaperReservationsTrackingandActionMessagesNavision3to4.doc :

“Note that the contents of this field can be overruled in the planning system. In the planning system, Order Tracking can be set to either “Respect Item Card” or “Apply to All Items”. If you select “Respect Item Card” then the order tracking information entered on the item card is used. If you select “Apply to All Items” then the information set up on the item card is disregarded and the planning system creates order tracking for all items regardless of the order tracking policy entered on the item card.”

But I can’t see the order tracking setting field as the whitepaper said in the calculate plan-plan wksh, or carry out action message. Could you please answer this problem ? tks beforehand

Rgds,
Mark

Hi

White papers are suggestions of what is intended to happen not what has happened. This does not mean they exist. I am not aware of the ability to alter the order tracking policy from the requisition worksheet (or planning worksheet). I would guess it maybe related to the tracking and action message policy but on all likelihood this is something intended but is probably written into the requisition planning code and is no longer changeable.

The Carry out action Message is under the functions button and carries out all selected messages as defined, but if you do not know where this is you are really falling at the second hurdle and you will hit so many more questions later [:D]

I am very surprised to hear your explanation about whitepaper because I’ve printed all whitepapers and also they are my references besides manuals. Are you really serious with your statement…? In sp2 local version and worldwide don’t have what I want or according to the whitepaper explanations. I know that theexplanations in the whitepaper also exists in the “what’s new in Nav. 4.0 manufacturing” manual book. You certainly know that. I agree with you then. I think it should be permanently in the planning worksheet c/al codings, to avoid many fields that have to fill when running calculate plan - plan wksh.

Rgds,

Mark