Oracle First Row Fix

Hi Having major performance problems with our Oracle DB, I played around with the First Row Fix Parameter. The Configuration help says (search for “setting oracle options” in help file): “Special first Row fix should be checked if performance problems are experienced while sorting rows within forms.” So I was thinking that this parameter only has the effect whether a “FIRST ROWS” hint is added to the select generated by a form or not. BUT: it also confuses the optimizer with simple SQL statements. I have a select statement like: (Attention: there is no a “firstonly” here !!!) while select forupdate rc where rc.PackSlipHeader == _lsnr && rc.Calc == RMCalc::C1 && rc.Fil == _fil && rc.KalkType == KalkType::Item && !rc.BSNr && rc.CLDy == NoYes::Yes && rc.ItemQty > 0 When I have the First Row fix turned OFF (=default), the optimizer chooses an index containing the fields: PackSlipHeader, Fil, ItemId, ConfigId, ActivityId and it will make the select in 20 seconds When I have the First Row fix turned ON, the optimizer chooses an index containing the field: BSNr and it will take 15 minutes !!! for the select. So, the First Row Fix does not only change the way how forms behave but must also do something to the optimizer ?!? Did anybody make a similar experience? Who of you is using the first row fix parameter turned on? Best regards Helmut