option values in a request form

I want the user to enter a special value in a control of a request form. To limit the entering values i want to offer values the user is allowed to enter via an option string. The result will be stored in a variable. I’ve found the property “OptionString” and “OptionCaptionML”, but the request form doesn’t offer the values from the option string. What do i have to do to get the offer from the option string in the request form control ? thanks in advance Stefan Weinreich Billing Analyst

Hi Stefan, you already solved the more difficult part… …open the request form, add a new text box to that form, and introduce in the property “SourceExpr” the name of the option type variable. This will then automatically show a field with the drop down list of the possible options. That’s it. Saludos Nils

My problem is, that the option string is column 5 of a variable with 2 dimensions: 4 rows and 5 columns. The array is of type decimal. Okay, i could add a new array with one dimension of type option, but the easier way was to enter the option value in the last column of my old variable. Is there a way to make the option-entries into the decimal-array ? Stefan Weinreich Billing Analyst

…that’s in fact a bit more complicated than it looked like in the beginning… You can’t combine decimal and option strings in a single array variable (the type variable of VB is not possible in Navision). What you could consider is on one hand to simply create a new variable of type option with it’s respecitve option string, or on the other hand create a new table for your array because in this case you can combine decimal type fields (for column 1-4) and text type fields (column 5). The field on your request form would then simply be a lookup to column 5 of that table… Saludos Nils

Thanks Nils. I guess your first suggestion is the best. Creating a new variable of type option and using this variable. Stefan Weinreich Billing Analyst

…I was just repeating your idea… Sometimes C/SIDE is not as flexible as other development environments and the actual solution needs some workaround, as in this case… Good to hear that I was able to help… Nils