Open another form in main menu

Hello! In main menu form (330 or 0) you click on a link in the left side and a form opens on the right side (usually with links to other forms). Now i wanna change one of this links on the left side so that it would open me some other form that is opening currently. The form must displayed on the right side . I tried lots of stuff but when i change the link on the left side it opens my new form over the whole screen instead on the right side of the main menu. How do i make this work? I thank you for all the help. lp prosen

quote:

Originally posted by lordslayer
Hello! In main menu form (330 or 0) you click on a link in the left side and a form opens on the right side (usually with links to other forms). Now i wanna change one of this links on the left side so that it would open me some other form that is opening currently. The form must displayed on the right side . I tried lots of stuff but when i change the link on the left side it opens my new form over the whole screen instead on the right side of the main menu. How do i make this work? I thank you for all the help. lp prosen

Whey you clik on the “link” on the left side of the main form you DON’T open another form, but the selected SUBFORM becomes visiable. bostjan

Where do you set this property (visible)? If you have to write code, please show. lp prosen

Have a look at the original code, it’s pretty straight forward.

Hi

quote:

Originally posted by PeterD
Have a look at the original code, it’s pretty straight forward.

Main Menu? “pretty straight forward”? [;)] @prosen: You should know the Main Menu is a special window with some ‘buttons’ on the left and some SubForms on the right. All SubForms are Visible = False. If you select e.g. General Ledger Menu on the left the assigned SubForm on the right is set to Visible = True. This is the easy part of the window (you can see this in the code). If you want to change something on the right side at first you have to select the SubForm you want to change: Click in the right side and check the name in the properties. If this is not the SubForm you search for select Format & Send to back. Click again in the right side and check the name again… and so on. A real form is always assigned to a SubForm (e.g. Form 332 G/L Menu). There you can make changes for the several menu options. I hope my explanation is a little bit helpful for you. bye André

Yup… the code is pretty straight forward… Depending on the version you’re using there are two different ways the code is working: In one of the versions the button is having a value on the own button as a property… on the other version the value is in the OnPush trigger. On attain you’re also having the icon picture changing depending on the value. The way for changing to the right subform… well… i prefer using TAB for moving through the controls instead of sending them to back… If you are wanting to add a new menu… just copy one of the actual subforms, paste change the name property and then place it in the same x and y pos as the other ones. Regards,

Hi Alfonso

quote:

Originally posted by apertierra
Yup… the code is pretty straight forward… … The way for changing to the right subform… well… i prefer using TAB for moving through the controls instead of sending them to back… …

Ok. Perhaps my comment can lead somebody in the wrong direction [:(]. The meaning of my comment is: If you don’t know how to handle this form you run into trouble! You can’t see the SubForms below this one on top. You are right. If you know how to handle this it is very easy. Moving with TAB? Interesting. I learned only the above mentioned way. But your way is much more better and faster [:)]. Thank you! bye André

Thanx all of you, you helped me alot! lp prosen