One or more accounting distributions is missing a ledger account. Use the Accounting distribution form or the Posting profile to update the ledger account.

I am getting the following message when I try to submit a PO with “Total Discounts”.

“One or more accounting distributions is missing a ledger account. Use the Accounting distribution form or the Posting profile to update the ledger account.”

It is missing the ledger account for some reason. I have checked the item group and the discount ledger number is setup. All other types of Trade agreements work fine. Any suggestions?

One or more accounting distributions is missing a ledger account. Use the Accounting distribution form or the Posting profile to update the ledger account.

Hi Daren,

You need to check two things here:

1. Check whether Vendor invoice discount is specified on Account for automatic posting or not. Check in GL → Setup → Posting → Account for Automatic posting

2. If the account is specified, then make sure that account is included in COA configuration and the configuation is active.

Pranav…

Thanks Pranav, When I used trade agreements the other types of discounts worked but not the Total Discount. Why does it have to be setup under automatic postings? The account is setup under Automatic Postings and It has been configured and is active. Just not sure what is wrong.

Daren