On input change--color change

hi anna…sorry for the late reply…net was down, just started working.

there is no temporary table here. the estimate template table has the standard values.

And you are right, i never realised it before, thanks . i have just compared the values of both the table in general! how do you suppose i do it in a specfic manner?

thanks.

With all due respect to your experience sir! i do know want i want and want my customer want. i dont like wasting my or others time.

i have already stated want is it i want! if you havent seen it, then please do. if you do then i dont think you will be saying that i dont know what 'm speaking about.

And About this random color, it was just any added attraction. when i told my customers that they can have different colors everytime they change, they wanted it to be so. its my customers requirement! are you insulting them by saying they to dont know anything about erp TOO SIR? CAUSE IF YOU SAY THAT TO ME, THEN I WOULD GLADLY SAY I DONT KNOW MUCH! SINCE IT’S BEEN ONLY SAY 4 MONTHS SINCE I STARTED LEARNING THE LANGUAGE!

And i dont know how you say this is not a technical issue?

'M NOT COMPLAINING HERE! IF MY COMPANY THINKS 'M CAPABLE OF DOING THIS! THEN I WILL GIVE MY VERY BEST! IF YOU CAN HELP SIR THEN PLEASE DO AND THANKS FOR THAT. BUT DONT STOP OTHERS FROM DOING SO!

thanks and SORRY if i have crossed the line!

sorry…i have corrected it here.

With all due respect to your experience sir! i do know what i want and what my customer want.

i have already stated what is it i want!

So, if I understand you right, the estimate template table isn’t a replica of the form sourcetable, and what you want to show in colors is just the usage of a different value from the standard. A very simple task if you know how to do it. Problem is that you don’t. [:(]

If you are here to learn we all will be happy to help, although you should be aware that we cannot take the place of classes and books, but only fill the unavoidable gaps in knowledge that classes and books might leave.

If you are here to cheat, pretending skills you don’t own with your employers, then we’ll be happy to do nothing. Try to help just wouldn’t work - we would waste our time and you would remain unskilled.

Anyway, I’ve seen you eager to help and participate to discussions whenever you have the ability to. That speaks on your behalf. [:)]

So, I want to think that your answer to David “If my company thinks I’m capable of doing this…” was just an outburst out of confusion and dismay for a too hard intervention.

Let’s try again - Am I right in assuming that the standard value is automatically copied in your table before the user can enter a new value? Did you try to understand how this is attained? If not, try. It might help you. [:)]

First mistake…never promise something you haven’t done, seen or tested before.

hi anna,

since i have coded and built this estimation tables on my own! so i know how the values are taken[:)] Note i have said tables, this is a very big project, 'm working on it for the past 2 months!

i have coded it in such a way that on selecting the complexity, the values are picked/looked up from another corresponding table.

What i dont know and what i do want is that, on changing the std values, the color should change indicating that this value isnt a std value.

i have tried coding it in many ways, but nothing produced me the result i was seeking! thats why i thought i will take the help online:)

'm not cheating anyone in my company or in this forum! why would i?

the company alredy know that i had only 2 months experience before giving me this complex project! And i have told them i will do what i can on my own and rest will take help online. they agreed[:)]

thanks[:)]

Hmmm…thats what my trainer told me the first day i started doing this project.

And i checked several times before telling them that we could have different colors:) we still can, but the problem is, the entire colm value is changed! where as what i want is to change only the color of the value i change.

No anna, that not the case here! the user will change the value to anything! and definity not from the std form value.

i dont know how well to explain…

see for example 'm creating a table with the values of the cereals rate(constant value) . So that the people using the cereals, just have to select the name i.e rice and the coresponding rate shows up.

but when there is a hike in the rice price alone, and its not an constant hike, just for the day. At that time, when the rice value shows up after selecting it, we just have to change the value, say if it was 32 std value, to 35. and the color of this price alone in the entire form must change indicating that the value is not a std value! has been change!

Hope i made my query clear now.

thanks,

Yes, it was me who didn’t make myself clear enough, because that is exactly what I meant! [:D]

So, when the people using the cereals select the name, i. e. rice, how does the corresponding rate show up?

If you know the answer to this question you also know how to get the right rate to compare with the one entered by the user.

I tried this on the sales line as a test … It changes color of the unit cost field if the unit cost field on the sales line doesn’t match what’s on the item card. It works, is this what you’re trying to do?

OnFormat(VAR Text : Text[1024]:wink:
IF Item.GET(“No.”) THEN BEGIN
IF “Unit Cost ($)” <> Item.“Unit Cost”
THEN CurrForm.“Unit Cost ($)”.UPDATEFORECOLOR(255)
ELSE CurrForm.“Unit Cost ($)”.UPDATEFORECOLOR(0);
END;

Sure they did! They are having you trained at our expenses, instead of affording themselves the cost!

Sorry, dear I had missed this post before. Now I know David was right. You had enough help to figure out what to do.

oh the values are picked up from the Estimate template table(which by the way has the std value)…this is the code i 'm using…And you said i havent compared it properly, so how do i compare it by line…i.e (line 2,colm 3)…if i can then i think that would solve this problem[:)]

IF “Conceptual Design(CD)” <> Esttemp.“Conceptual Design(CD)” THEN
CurrForm.“Conceptual Design(CD)”.UPDATEFORECOLOR(255);
END;

thanks…

wow…thank you so so much harry:) it worked:)

Thank you All:)

Hi Shona,

I hope you didn’t use the RANDOM function as this can return 0.

hiya[:)]

Nope havent used[:)]