OLE DB for Navision

As a new member of the forum, and being new to Attain, can anybody tell me if there is an OLE DB available for Attain and which versions of the software it is compatible with. Regards Roy

quote:

Originally posted by RTurner
As a new member of the forum, and being new to Attain, can anybody tell me if there is an OLE DB available for Attain and which versions of the software it is compatible with. Regards Roy

. . .In Attain you have the option of using the Integrated DB or you can use the SQL Server option, with either you can develop OLE/ODBC/ADO routines from within.

Mark, Thanks for the reply, but it was not quite the point of my question. I am looking at a Web package which allows people to view the contents of Database records via their browser and also make updates (subject to permissions). The product will work with any Database for which an OLE DB interface (Driver?) is available. As Navision is now part of MS and we will be running under MS Sequel Server, I had assumed that the driver would be available, but a seach on the Net did not reveal anything with that specific content. So I thought I would try the Forum. Regards Roy

quote:

Originally posted by wisemx

quote:

. . .In Attain you have the option of using the Integrated DB or you can use the SQL Server option, with either you can develop OLE/ODBC/ADO routines from within.

. . .Have you taken a look at the Navision Attain Application Server? (Middle tier server that can communicate with external services.) All the best, Mark

quote:

Mark, Thanks for the reply, but it was not quite the point of my question. I am looking at a Web package which allows people to view the contents of Database records via their browser and also make updates (subject to permissions). The product will work with any Database for which an OLE DB interface (Driver?) is available. As Navision is now part of MS and we will be running under MS Sequel Server, I had assumed that the driver would be available, but a seach on the Net did not reveal anything with that specific content. So I thought I would try the Forum. Regards Roy

Topic moved from “Navision Developer Forum” to “Navision Technical Forum”.