ODBC connection to Navision C/SIDE

Hi, I’m trying to get some data from Navision C/SIDE database (v2.60F) into MSSQL database using MSSQL DTS packages. I created ODBC connection to Navision C/SIDE and was able to create, map data and run required DTS package but only for the first time. While trying to run the package again I’m getting the following error message: [Navision Software a/s][Navision Financials ODBC driver]ISAM Error ODBC driver works fine with Excel. Any help would be highly appreciated. Regards, Dragomir

Thats because Excel uses ODBC directly, but DTS uses it via OLEDB which requires certain functions and properties to be implemented in the driver, which C/ODBC does not. So you are stuck with the problem I think.

Thanks for your reply Robert. Actually, ODBC connection to C/SIDE works fine with the server version. Initially I was using C/SIDE client version and after changing to server version DTS package works fine. But now I’m having different problem. I need to get data from C/SIDE datbase using MSSQL OPENQUERY select statement from linked server (connection to C/SIDE database via C/ODBC). I have created Linked server connecting to C/SIDE database and I can see Navision tables under linked server but I can’t query the data. Openquery select statement: select * from openquery(CRONUS_AU,‘select * from location’) Error message OLE DB provider ‘MSDASQL’ reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error. OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider ‘MSDASQL’ ICommandPrepare::Prepare returned 0x80004005: The provider did not give any information about the error.] Any ideas how to setup ODBC connection to work with OPENQUERY. Regards, Dragomir

Same answer - linked servers, via OPENQUERY or otherwise, go through the “OLEDB for ODBC” provider, when you use an ODBC driver such as C/ODBC, and C/ODBC just does not provide enough support for this OLEDB provider. Sometimes you can be lucky, depending on your table layout etc, but the support just isnt there.