ODBC and Date Filters in VB

Hi, I’m having problems with ODBC and VB! The problem is this: I have written a WebClass in VB. It works on my development system using VStudios 97 Pro, win98 and PWS. However when I deploy it to the test system which is running winNT 4.0, SP6, IIS4.0 it fails on when opening the recordset!!! The offending bit of code is on the date filters and looks like this: Service___GL_Account.“Date Filter” = ‘01042000…31032001’ AND Service___GL_Account.“Date Filter 2” = ‘01042000…31082000’ If I comment these lines out - then the query works! (I do use a string filter in the WHERE clause of the same query and that seems to work). Any suggestions - please - pretty please… Colin Buckler Principal Systems Analyst/Programmer Cannock Chase District Council

Probably worth a try: Instead of writing the filter as ‘01042000…31032001’ you might switch date and month like ‘04012000…03312001’. Marcus Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

Thanks Marcus, but unfortunatly that doesn’t work either! The error returned is :- BudgetWiz error ‘800a9c68’ Application-defined or object-defined error /NavBudgetWiz/navBudgetWiz.ASP, line 13 Which seems to imply that these filter fields are undefined??? Colin Buckler Principal Systems Analyst/Programmer Cannock Chase District Council

Thanks Marcus, It was a combination of two things. The date should have been mmddyy and I didn’t have the latest MDAC (v2.5) installed on the NT box. It works now… strange though because when I was running it in debug mode it worked with the dates in the format ddmmyy but had to have the dates in mmddyy format when I compiled. Colin