OCX and Terminal Server

Hello All, We are connecting our Australian branch office to a (native) Navision Database in Holland through a VPN connection. Remote users logon to Terminal Server 2003 which starts the Navision session. So far so good, but our system uses a documentmanagement add-on, which in turn uses an OCX. A remote user now cannot create a Word document, I think because of the OCX. My question is: where do I need to install the OCX? On the Terminal Server? On the Navision Server (a different server) or local? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Try this: In Navision select Tools => Custom Controls => Control => Browse, choose an .ocx file and click Open. Problem should be solved. Also you can register .ocx from command line: regsvr32 /s c:\mycontrol.ocx !

Hi, imho you have to install/register the ocx on the Terminal Server, because the Client is also install on the Terminal Server and if you want to use the ocx the client search the registry on the PC the client is installed. If the user want to create a Word Document also Word must be installed on the Terminal Server regards Bastain

quote:

Originally posted by Bastian
imho you have to install/register the ocx on the Terminal Server, because the Client is also install on the Terminal Server and if you want to use the ocx the client search the registry on the PC the client is installed.

Of course, steps I described above must be performed on the Terminal Server.

Hi Bastian, Arthur, Thanks, problem solved. Another step forward in our project… Michiel