Object Range for Examples

I noted that some objects provided in the download section conflict with existing objects. Here in Switzerland, we (developers) are free to use any number between 50000 and 89999. The 9xxxx series is reserved for Swiss-Modules (= provided by Navision Switzerland). Question: Are there similar rules for occupied number ranges in other countries? Target: I would like to have recommendations for all programmers who issue example objects to choose numbers which least likely get in conflict with any standard object. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

All number between 50000 and 99999 is free in sweden. We are allways assigning 50000…50099 for reports and dataport when a customer are buying report design. Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com

Officially, the range for NSC developments is 50000…99999. Local modules from NTR’s should be outside that range, as they have their own series in the 11000000000 range. Common practise in Holland is to start customer tailoring work at 50000, while the 90000 series is used for temporary objects to be used by the developers, not by the customer. If we would like to formalize the examples and tools in this forum, my suggestion would be to use the 70000…79999 range (for being hardly used in the field, probably) and having one of the moderators assign a number (-range) to an example/tool upon request from the developer. Bit of administration, but it would prevent overlap. John

quote:

Originally posted by Per Bay: All number between 60000 and 99999 is free in sweden. We are allways assigning 50000…50099 for reports and dataport when a customer are buying report design. Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com

Same in the UK! Each NSC is also given a range of 200 between 60000…99999, if they develop within that range which is optional, then objects are almost portable between different NSC’s. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Edited by - David Cox on 2001 Jul 09 09:32:45

We can use 50000-99999 in Oz. Changes by our NTR are in the 11000 range… 11600+ I think. Id also like to see a range set aside per example… but yes, some admin will need to be done. It will most all examples importable into one test database though. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

From Navision hq the official range for customizations are 50.000 to 99.999. I know they “reserve” the area from 90.000 and upwards in some countries like for example Switzerland and the Swiss add-on’s. The consequence of this is that the Swiss version of NF is a nice product - but it is not Navision Financials :slight_smile: Lars Strøm Valsted Head of Project and Analysis Columbus IT Partner A/S www.columbusitpartner.com

If “some” countries reserve the 9xxxx and we should leave the 5xxxx to customers would leave us 60000…89999. Navision Switzerland also grants the ranges of 6xxxx to different NSC’s. Therefore I think that John Tegelaar’s idea to stick with 7xxxx numbers would be acceptable for everybody. Right ?? ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

I’d agree to that. But why can’t we upload text objects rather than FOBs? That would allow the object numbers to be changed after download if there was a conflict.

In belgium you can ask a range (and a modification in our license/customer licenses) above 1200000, so that nobody of the other NSC’s can change your code. This is a method to protect code (copying, changing, … ) between different NSC. It’s the same range of the Navision Add’ons but it’s a private range for one NSC. This private range is a first step to secure the code in an vertical market Normally for non-standard progr., we can use the 50000 till 99999 range. Greetings Nico

quote:

Originally posted by NicoV: In belgium you can ask a range (and a modification in our license/customer licenses) above 1200000, so that nobody of the other NSC’s can change your code. This is a method to protect code (copying, changing, … ) between different NSC. It’s the same range of the Navision Add’ons but it’s a private range for one NSC. This private range is a first step to secure the code in an vertical market Normally for non-standard progr., we can use the 50000 till 99999 range. Greetings Nico

I belive that this is true only if you are developing a specific module not consisting of more than 3 granule’s for a vertical market, which is not a replacement for one of Navisions own granules. But not for an NSC own customer specific changes. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_B: But why can’t we upload text objects rather than FOBs? That would allow the object numbers to be changed after download if there was a conflict.

Importing Text objects of another language will cause several troubles:- Different header information. An English FIN will not understand the German Word “Versionsliste”

• different date/time format in object header
  • multilanguage Text constants cannot be imported if you don’t have the license for this particular language
    ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

Moved from “Open Subject” to “Attain Development Forum”

Hi, We can use 50000-99999 in India. for the NTR it is 11000 series.

In Russia: 50000-99999 is free. BUt in 98000…98005 we have some strange objects from our NTR :-).

Hi,

quote:

Originally posted by fabian: Importing Text objects of another language will cause several troubles:

• Different header information. An English FIN will not understand the German Word “Versionsliste”
  • different date/time format in object header
  • multilanguage Text constants cannot be imported if you don’t have the license for this particular language

the first 2 can be omitted for import, it looks a little bit empty in the object designer but it works Regarding ML: I can import text objects even with e.g. arabic language layer (solution developer license with granule 4899 “Application Wide ML SYS LANG Partners”) so I would expect at least all solution developers to be able to import those files too. Even the DE-CRONUS license has all language granules. How about having text and fob in the archiv ? Exporting 2 times doesn’t take too long :wink: Torsten

Right Torsten. But bear in mind that I wrote the posting you quote more than one year ago. There was nothing about ML in 2001. With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

Your are right, I missed that point :slight_smile: Torsten

quote:

Originally posted by fabian: Right Torsten. But bear in mind that I wrote the posting you quote more than one year ago. There was nothing about ML in 2001. With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian