Number of Decimals in Item Cost/Price

Could someone answer a simple question for me? What controls the amount of decimal places allowed on the item card Item Cost, Standard Cost, etc? Looks like by default the system allows 5, but my memory is failing fast in my old age and I have client that is stuck with 2 and needs 4 or 5 places. What is involved in changing it? Fortune hopefully being on our side, the items that actually need change have NO postings in the Item Ledger. Thanks

Hi Doug, If you could go to Form Designer → open up the Item Card form → go to Invoicing tab → select the Unit Cost field and open up its properties. Look up the DecimalPlaces property and change it to whatever decimal places you like. This is an extract of the help file: If you enter… The system interprets this as … 1 A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 1 decimal place 1:4 A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4 decimal places 2: At least 2 decimal places :2 No more than 2 decimal places

Geez… I Feel a little dumb now, I was thinking too @%$ hard about it. That did work and got exactly what I needed. I really appreciate the help. Let me ask you a further question. Was the ‘default’ limit ever set to 2? This client started on v2.6 was upgraded to 3.01b. The item table has never been modified to my knowledge. Seems like base version has always been 5 places. I am just wanting to make sure what and whom I am dealing with [:)] Thanks again

quote:

Originally posted by elimar
Geez… Feel a little dumb now, I was think too @%$ hard about it. Let me ask you a further question. Was the ‘default’ limit ever set to 2? This client started on v2.6 was upgraded to 3.01b. The item table has never been modified to my knowledge. Seems like base version has always been 5 places. I am just wanting to make sure what and whom I am dealing with [:)] Thanks again

The default number of decimal places is set on the General Ledger stup for the local currency and on the currency table for the other ones. Anna

No worries Doug…it’s just one of those days…:wink: