Not within range of posting date

I have a sales order and I am able to invoice all lines, except for 1. For this single line I get the message “Posting Date is not within your range of allowed posting dates”.

Why is this single line not going through? All dates are exact the same.

Marco,

What is the Posting Date of the Sales Order you are trying to post the Sales Line? Using that Date, under General Ledger Setup, what is the Posting Allow From and Allow To Dates? Also check the User Setup page and find the User and see if their is a specific Posting Allow From and To Date set. Comparing all three Posting Dates, if the Date the Sales Order is posting in does not fall into the General Posting Setup Allow From and To and the User Setup Allow From and To is not set to that Date, the message would be valid.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Schinsky,

these settings I have checked already. The annoying thing is that the order itself consisted of 8 lines and only on 1 line I get this message. All dates in header and on the lines are equal and still this single line did not want to go.

Marco,
Have you tried using the Page Inspection to look at the Posting Date for that particular line? Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to see page inspection. Select the problem line and on the Table Fields on the Page Inspection filter to ‘date’. Now click on the other lines and see if this line’s posting date differs from the other lines. If this is the case, you know why it does not want to post. Although, there is no reason that lines date should be different from the others as it gets populated when the header is updated.
Thanks,
Heinrich

Hi Heinrich,

please see below. Line 10000 was invoiced with no issue. Line 20000 is giving me the error. Lines 30000 till 80000 also no issues (same dates of line 10000).

General Ledger:

User setup:

What is the “Posting Date” on the “Sales Header”? As that is what drives this process. These is no “Posting Date” on the lines.

Marco,

Can you take a pic of the Sales Header to see the General fast tab. The message does not make sense for only 1 line to be an issue.

Thanks,
Steve

in the meanwhile I found the solution.

When going into User Setup you can limit the allowed posting dates. As long as the prices do remain the same, there is no issue. However when you do a revaluation of the goods concerns and your allowed posting date is nearer than the revaluation date, it gives this message.

You would to have widen your allowed posting dates till an earlier date than you original item ledger. This solved the problem for me.

THanks all!

I would guess it´s a rounding issue. Example; buy 3 pcs for a total of 10. When you sell the first and second they get the cost 3,33 each so no problem. However when you sell the last piece it doesn´t add up. Then the system will go back to the original transaction and change the cost to 9,99 instead of 10 and a rounding of 0,01. If that date is not within your range you will get the error message. The solution to this is to work with Inventory Periods. By using them youi close previous periods for inventory transactions. If you run into the same scenario as above, the system will post the rounding 0,01 on the first date in an open period instead of going back to the original date.

no it is not, it is what i wrote before. Comes from the official Microsoft page and the suggested work around did the trick.