Not supported on windows 2003!

Hi guys, I went through this webpage while browsing , quiet interesting to see some of the KEY “navision” applications not supported on windows 2003: Applications That Will Not Be Supported Microsoft Application Center 2000 SP1 and earlier Microsoft BackOffice® 2000 and earlier Microsoft BizTalk Server 2002 and earlier Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision Commerce Gateway 3.70 (excluding upgrades) and earlier versions Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision Commerce Portal 3.70 (excluding upgrades) and earlier versions Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision 3.10 (including SPs and hotfixes) and earlier versions Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision Web Shop Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision User Portal Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 SP1 and earlier http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/suppapps/appdetails.mspx Cheers, Sharan.

quote:

Originally posted by sharan
Hi guys, I went through this webpage while browsing , quiet interesting to see some of the KEY “navision” applications not supported on windows 2003: Applications That Will Not Be Supported Microsoft Application Center 2000 SP1 and earlier Microsoft BackOffice® 2000 and earlier Microsoft BizTalk Server 2002 and earlier Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision Commerce Gateway 3.70 (excluding upgrades) and earlier versions Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision Commerce Portal 3.70 (excluding upgrades) and earlier versions Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision 3.10 (including SPs and hotfixes) and earlier versions Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision Web Shop Microsoft Business Solutions—Navision User Portal Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 SP1 and earlier http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/suppapps/appdetails.mspx Cheers, Sharan.

. . .Not only shocked by this in New Zealand but also here in the U.S., Windows Server 2003 may have been a Windows system processes solution for at least one of our Navision clients. I’m not bashing Microsoft, just surprised regarding Windows Server 2003 info.[:0] Salutations, Mark

But I can’t see the technological difference between 3.60 and 3.10 which would disqualify 3.10. As I see it, anything that You can run 3.60 on should be able to run 1.10 and later versions.

But of course. There’s a difference between functional and supported…

quote:

Originally posted by Lars Westman
But of course. There’s a difference between functional and supported…

. . .Sorry you ended up quoting yourself [:)] . . .Point was observant however. All the best.[;)]

We were indeed surprised too with the number of Navision products being “phased out” with 2003 Server. Sources from Microsoft said that both Commerce Portal and User Portal will be replaced by Business Portal, and that Navision 4.0 will offer integration with it. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Commerce Portal has always been a nightmare for us to implement… or maybe its just us [:(]