Not able to start the Production order from subcontracting work form in AX 2012

Hi,

Senario:

We have a BOM item B1 having two items A & B.Item A is a normal Purchase item & Item B is a service item.We have not attached any route to the item B1.In BOM we have defined the line type as Vendor & assigned the Vendor for the item B in BOM.Also the flushing principle for item A & B is set to start in BOM.

Then we created the Production order & then estimated,which is generating the Purchase order for the subcon service item,which we can see in Subcontracted work form in Production control form.

Now when I start the Production order from Subcontracted work form, it should change the Production order status from estimated to started.This is happening in AX Contoso Demo datanvironment & not in our Dev environment.Is there any specific setup for the same ?

Second issue is in AX Contoso Demo data,once we start the Production order from Subcontracted work form after setting Post Route card & Picking list as “Never” it is starting the Production order.Then we post the Purchase order packing slip for the service item B,it automatically post the picking list for the Production order.The same thing is not happening in our Dev environment.Is there any specific setup for the same ?

Regards,

Nitin Patel

Well the obvious is your data and configurations are different.

Why do you set flushing to start and then consume never at start - this is contradictory. I would look at the production update parameters as a starting point relating to the purchase order.

You say in dev environment when you start the order it does not start, but you do not state the message (if any) or the status it is. I would look at the start parameters - ALL tabs - and verify the setups.