Not able to connect to database using NAV 2009 Classic

I have an plb2.bak backup file and restored in Microsoft Sql 2005 Express. When i open to this plb2 database providing Server Name and Credentials using Nav 2009 Classic. It trows an error an saying that

The TCP/IP connection’s ‘host’ is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).You can see how to make changes to your ‘hosts’ and ‘services’ files in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need assistance.

When i open to this plb2 database providing Server Name and Credentials using Nav 2009 Classic with Microsoft SQL Server. It trows an error an saying that

Your program license permits a maximum of 2 nondemonstration companies.Contact your system administrator to set up additional companies.You can create an unlimited number of demonstration companies.Their names must start with "CRONUS."

It works fine with demo database Demo Database NAV (6-0) but it is not working with my database and i have attached the screen shot of those errors.

Hi ,

It makes no sense to me , If you use SQL server then you should connect with Classic with SQL server option (the error message most likely because you are using classic client for native db) .

Now the second try is better but , then you are connecting to the wrong database … plus maybe you are not using hte proper license file.

g.

Thanxs for ur reply :slight_smile:

I am able to solve by changing the license.