Non stock item.

Hi I have a customer who have items that they bought and stock at no cost but they will sell them later. How can they handle that?? using Navision Attain 3.6 Thanks RF

Hi Rosine If they cost you nothing you could always set them up as standard items with no costs and treat them as items. From memory the non-stock item is supposed to be for items you do not hold in inventory - so do not really control, they are for special orders or drop shipments, but item cards are created for them so you might want to look at these. It depends really on any future costing implications and the tracking requirements. If it is an item you could treat it as an item! [:D]

Can I add my 2 cents worth??? There is a tick on the item card “inventory value zero” - this will enable you to purchase and sell items, but your inventory valuation will always be zero - this should work for you Rosine. None stock items - these are really a “catalogue” for want of a better word of items that you have not purchased or sold in the past but could buy or sell if necessary - as soon as you put on a purchase order for a non-stock item , an item is then created in inventory to enable you to manage the goods as an inventory item Does this help? Ally.

Thanks Guys , it works fine!

Hi Ally That was not in the test - I did not even know it was there! Learn something new each day etc etc. [:D] A check mark for removing it from inventory valuaiton i.e. keeping inventory on someone else’s behalf - interesting!

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi Ally That was not in the test - I did not even know it was there! Learn something new each day etc etc. [:D] A check mark for removing it from inventory valuaiton i.e. keeping inventory on someone else’s behalf - interesting!

But unfortunately (for us) it is there only in version 3.1 and above [:(!]. bye André