Non-Inventory Purchse Orders with an Approval Workflow

I am supporting a company that uses NAV2017 and an add-on that allows employees to enter purchase requisitions for non-inventory purchases into a web form. There is an approval workflow process and approved requisitions automatically become purchase orders in NAV.
They are using a product call EZ-Buy which I believe is Paramount Workplace Requisition & Procurement (WorkPlace Requisition & Procurement Software Reviews, Demo & Pricing - 2023).

I think the decision to do this outside of NAV was to avoid an increase in NAV licenses and also to keep extra hands out of purchase order entry inside NAV.

I wanted to find out if anyone is doing anything similar but with different products.

Hello Lewis_Rosenberg,

I’ve been working with WorkPlace for 10+ years, and 2+ years ago, I stepped into the role of managing/administering the WorkPlace software. So I can honestly say I know the product/process well.

The benefits will derive from business goals: for example, if you are looking to limit ERP licenses and/or document financial approvals for purchase requisitions, then you are a candidate who could benefit from WorkPlace, because it can do both.

The saas software has other benefits, and costs associated. Also there are other products on the market, and some ERP systems now contain “requisition” modules also designed to compete (I don’t know what NAV offers).

Hope you find this helpful.
Kevin

Yes, there are other products available that allow employees to enter purchase requisitions outside of NAV and have them automatically create purchase orders in NAV. Some examples include Procurify, Coupa, and Zycus. It’s important to evaluate each product based on your specific needs and requirements to determine which one is the best fit for your organization.

1 Like

Lewis - Happy to help also. We have a similar offering that other NAV and DUG users are benefitting from. Our company is Nimbello - https://www.nimbello.com/ - Happy to help answer any questions and point you in the right direction based on other best practices we are seeing and given your needs.