no use of this batch job : Adjust Exchange rates.

Hi,

I need the adjust the exchange rates for posted entries , but I gone the batch job Adjust Exchange rates.

I think there is no use of this batch job : Adjust Exchange rates.

Because it is adjust ting the customer, vendor ledger entries only, it is not adjust item ledger entries .

Then how to adjust the unit cost in value entries also after adjust the customer , vendor entries.

Which is the best method to adjust the cost also.

Note : I don’t want to create the credit memo , because the items what I received , it was consumed.

Share your ideas about this.

The purpose of this routine is to correctly value your liability and debtors position in your home currency to reflect the movement of currency.

There is no point in adjusting inventory, these are valued at receipt and invoice on the day they come in. You would be breaking all accountancy practices to revalue your currency bought at a set exchange rate - just because the exchange rate has altered does not mean your inventory is financially worth more or less. This is infact considered fraud in many countries as it is mis-stating the value of a companies asset.

I suggest you talk to an accountant about this in your country to understand what you are asking.

Hi adam roue,

i am throwing one example .

Our Local currency = INR

I created a purchse order on 04/01/ 09 , i created the purchase order in USD currency .

qty = 1 , Unit price = 1 $ , currency code = USD

on this date 1 $ ( USD) = 50 IND ruppes is the exchange rate in Navision currency exchange rate setup.

so i received the items and Invoiced on 04/01/09.

so vendor ledger entry updated as 1 $ .

when it comes Item value entry updated as 50 INR.

After invoiced i realised that exchange rate is 55 INR , that means 1 $ = 55 INR on 04/01/09.

so that means here my inventory value changed according to my local currency .

so i need to update this one also .

how to change item value entry .

please correct me if i am wrong.

Use a revaluation journal. Although currency is the cause it is irrelevant to the batch job you are talking about, it is a stadnard revaluation. Still means you need to understand the concept of the batch job.

Thanks steven,

steven wrote :

you need to understand the concept of the batch job.

what is this meaning , the question what i have asked is it wrong .

it f it not adjusting the value entries then what is the use .

let me know .

The use is to revalue the ledger - the vendor or customer, I have said this earlier, so I will not elaborate further again. You are trying to revalue inventory - the batch job is not for that. Read the help on the batch job, or the manual.

Thanks steven,

i know what the batch job is doing , how it is adjusting .

that’s i passed the query here , may be it is doing wrong ( that means it is adjusting some entries only)

why MS did not notice this point when they creating the bathch jobn.

that is what i want to know.

Okay you do not understand the process, revaluing inventory would completely screw your business, they are COMPLETELY different. Please go and talk to an accountant about this.

The batch job revalues what you owe and what is owed to you - the value of this can alter with currency fluctuations.

You inventory cannot be revalued based upon currency becuase it is converted and held in your base currency with the differences being applied at the time.

If you book your item in at the wrong cost you must revalue it, this then posts correctly. If the reason for the wrong cost is due to the currency difference it is still a revaluation journal, nothing else.

Ok , one thing let me know.

ARE U SUPPORTING THIS BATCH JOB IS DOING CORRECT ?

Yes it correctly revalues your liabilities and debt based upon currency fluctuations.

It does exactly what it should do, it should not revalue your inventory, the concepts are very different.

Gete, being abusive will not help your cause. If you feel that you have a better understanding of International accounting laws than Microsoft do, then you should contact Microsoft. Adam has answered your questions multiple times now, and the answer is allways the same. You can’t expect that screaming will get you a different answer. This routine has been virtually unchanged in NAV for almost 20 years, and over 1,000,000 users using it. Are you serious in your belief that all of them were wrong for all these years?