no series in multiuser environment

In the multiuser environment, if I have multiusers in multi sites, how can navision handle the different users posting journals? for example, user A and B enter cash receipt journal in the same batch. User A and B got the doc no, R00001. If User B posts the joournal first, User A will got the error message when posting the journal later. The error message will say User A doc no should be R00002. If I have 100 users, do i need to define 100 set of batch name with 100 no series? I think it is not reasonable to define so many batch names like this. Thank you Rich

quote:

If I have 100 users, do i need to define 100 set of batch name with 100 no series? I think it is not reasonable to define so many batch names like this.

Yes, you do have to define 100 batch names and 100 no series! But be realistic: Do you really have 100 users who do G/L entries in the same company? ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

Marcus is right, It is advised to have batch names after users who are using these journal. It is easier to maintain the journal and thier entries. (Look at brighter side of things)… Best regards, Prashanth pbg@navilogic.com

To avoid the problem you mention we use “Posting No. Series” instead of “No. Series”. This way user always assign Document No. in journals starting in 1, and only change to 2, 3, … if they want different final Document No. when posting. We also wrote some extra code to give a message to the user with the Documents No. finally assigned when posting the journal. Regards, Jesús

quote:

Originally posted by richtsang: If I have 100 users, do i need to define 100 set of batch name with 100 no series? I think it is not reasonable to define so many batch names like this. Thank you Rich

Yes 100 no series but maybe not batches if there are different sites, one per site might do? Site1 Batch “No. Series” FH Site1 Batch “No. Series” AH Site2 Batch “No. Series” HF Site2 Batch “No. Series” HA When a user uses a number series in navision this is saved and is the default next time the journal is used so, once used the no series is local to the client! David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

It’s also not so hard work implementing a solution wich automatically creates a journal for a user the first time the user opens a journal. Use the USERID as journal name and pick the no-serie from the journal template. You set the Curr batchNo (or what it’s called) in the journal form and add som code in the journal management codeunit. I’ve done this a number of times and it works just fine //Lars

Thank you for replies. As I need to use job journal and item journal in every site. I guess I will assign user name as batch name for them.

quote:

You set the Curr batchNo (or what it’s called) in the journal form and add som code in the journal management codeunit. I’ve done this a number of times and it works just fine

Regarding to Lars, he said use journal management code to use batch name. Does it mean the system will prompt the Username as default for batch name? I am quite interested in this part? Thank you

Yes. You can call a function (in the jnl.mgmnt codeunit) that tries to do a GET(JnlTmplate,USERID). If that fails You have some code that inserts that journal name and assign the no.serie from the template. Then have the code open that journal and voila! There’s Your journal. //Lars