No record found in the Item/version price per cost group table. Transfer a cost price for this item. When posting production order as reported as finished.

Hello AX users,

I am currently testing Production Order cycle in AX 2009, when I am about to post the journal reported as finished I get this error of “No record found in the Item/version price per cost group table. Transfer a cost price for this item.” Can you help me to find resolution with these? When I am setting cost price for the, the system requires me to indicate item dimensions but the field Locations and Warehouse is grayed and I can’t fill it up… Do I miss something?

Thanks,

Jerms

Hi

Does the item have an active cost at the SITE? What fallback principle is set on your costing version?

Yes sir,

I tried two ways in inputting the cost price, first thru Item Details > Price/Discount Tab and also manually through setting cost version Price tab but the problem is I can’t activate the cost version because it requires setting-up dimensions and both Warehouse and Locations are grayed. The fallback principle is NONE. Is this related to Route? I don’t set-up the route for this production order.

Thanks for the response,

Yes sir,

I tried two ways in inputting the cost price, first thru Item Details > Price/Discount Tab and also manually through setting cost version Price tab but the problem is I can’t activate the cost version because it requires setting-up dimensions and both Warehouse and Locations are grayed. The fallback principle is NONE. Is this related to Route? I did not set-up the route for this production order.

Thanks for the response,

Warehouse and Location are irrelevant to the cost in this instance.

Is hte cost on the Pending or Active tab?

Does the item have a cost on the Price/Discount tab? If it does and the Fallback principle was active the system would use this as the RAF WIP cost for the item.

The issue is you have not told the system the cost of the item, so it does not want to book it in.

Hi,

For the selected item, the Warehouse and Location inventory dimensions may be set as mandatory or Active. Otherwise the problem may be due to the user might have changed the Dimension group code which is attached to the selected item.

Best Regards,

D. Praveen Kumar.

Praveen, this is not relevant, you cannot express costs at this level in AX.

Is there a way where I can simultaneously upload standard cost for Items? is there a template or table in Excel I can use?

Thanks.

InventItemPriceSim(Before Activation) table is used for that, try by preparing a template by using this table.

You can also run the calculation process and for all BOM items it will suggest costs. This is the calculation button on your costing version.