"No Posted picklist journals found" infolog

Hi ,

When I click the “Completed” button in the job registration form in the Production Control module I get the following error: “No Posted picklist journals found on production order . Update Cancelled.”

I tried posting a picklist from the production order but that does not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Moroni

Does a pick list actually exist against the production order?

Well I am not sure if I am I adding a picking list against a production order correctly but this is what I do:

After I created a production order I Click ‘Job Registration’ under ‘Manufacturing Execution’ and login to start the job associated to the production order. After I start it I cannot seem to change the feedback to ‘Completed’ so I close the ‘Job Registration’ window and come back to the production order I just started and click the ‘picking list’ button under the ‘journals’ section in the ‘View’ tab of the production order and add a picking list. When I come back to the ‘Job Registration’ form to try to change the feedback status to ‘Completed’ it stills gives me the error.

I have also tried posting the Picking list in the production order but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Moroni

As a test create a new order, then on the start set the parameters to create the pick list journal but not post, then post the journal. Make sure you close off the route card journal. RAF the order, then look at the inquiries and see the pick list, or look at production posting to verify journal posting. Then end.

Basically you do not understand how the process works, so remove MES, look at the BOM and verify the flushing method and start parameters and control how you create it, then process route, pick and RAF before ending.

Adam,

Thanks for your reply. I am learning the Manufacturing Execution process from the Microsoft Training Manuals. If it is not too much trouble could you outline the correct process after a Production order is created? I would like to know what is the correct order of the process from when a production order is created to finishing the process order.

Thank you for your time,

Moroni

There is no correct order except to record time, material, output and close. The rest depends upon the requirements of the business and how you configure the whole module along with items, BOM’s and routes. It is why you should start simple and create a manual BOM, manual Route and build upwards.