No Job # in Purchases (NAV 2015)

I am using a demo of NAV.
Set up a new company. Job is the primary department that we utilize. When creating a PO, the job number nor the task appear in the lines detail.
Obviously, I have done something incorrectly, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Krzykwa

And how do you create your PO? If done via the replenishment job, via a job demand, then it should be assigned automatically.

Hey Eric:

We have not quite progressed to that point yet. This is my initial introduction to NAV and it is learn as you go. I had watched instructional videos using earlier version of NAV and they created PO for the job and the field was available on the video. I went to perform the task and no Job # no Job Task. Is it a set up issue that the field doesn’t appear?

Thanks

Paul

Yes everything must be setup correctly. You can plan using both sales orders and jobs, and you can trace the purchase order to the job. And the purchase registered as job ledger entries, when the job no… is on there. It’s just a matter of getting it all setup correctly.

It’s not all functionality that can be used directly from the demo setup. The same setup used by most when going live. But then everybody must adjust the setup, to make NAV work the way they like it to work.

So set-up is the issue, I have scoured the set-ups in the departments and have not been able to even find any type of option that might apply. What would set up would prevent Job# and Task # from appearing in PO?

Paul

While working on trying to solve the no Job# on PO, I worked with filters, low and behold the job No, Job Task # appear in the filter fields, is it possible to edit the screen to allow those fields to appear, I know in MS-SL I have done it.

Thanks

Paul

The best thing you could do, is to get a NAV consultant show how exactly this works, and setup your system. Would most likely not take someone with experience in the job and PO modules, more than 30-60 minutes to show you how to setup it up… [:)]