New number series for new Fiscal year with the same code.

Hi experts,

Just now i completed the Number series Manual(CHpater V) from the Axapta Intoduction .

Here i could not find how to create the number series for new financial year.

Let’s say i am giving one example.

I created Number series for sales orders for last year Like

code Na me Format

SO sales order S0/ 08-09/00001

this year i want have the format like SO / 09/-10/0001.

So how it is possible that means based on the sales order creation date it has to pcik up .

that means if the creation date is last year then it should pick the last year sales order format.

if the creation date is current year then it should pick up the current year format.

PS : In Navision it is possible to using the starting date in Number series.

so how to do this In Axapta ?

Thanks In advance

To achieve this in AX at the start of the new year you need to stop the old number series, and activate a new number series already created and aligning these in the parameters.

Nowadays there really is no need for a date based number sequence and usually customers want this because of limitations of reporting in the old system, I have never yet failed to talk a customer out of this with examples, explanations and getting them to justify why they want it.

Thanks Steven,

Adam wrote :

Nowadays there really is no need for a date based number sequence and usually customers want this because of limitations of reporting in the old system,

In india Most the companies useing the same format what i mentioned.

Adam wrote :

To achieve this in AX at the start of the new year you need to stop the old number series, and activate a new number series already created and aligning these in the parameters.

That means i need to create tha new number series and again go to Account s receivable - number sequence - sales order - select the new number series for that year. .

if it is the process then it is a hectic job to key users .

please let me know is it correct method what i have writtten above.

This was the case in the UK 10 years ago - just because they are using the format does not mean it is correct - what benefit are they getting? This has NOTHING to do with posting and everything to do with the order entered onto the system date (not even the customers order date). If I enter an order on 31/12/09 it gets a 2009 number sequence - what benefit does this serve?

That is correct, that is how AX works and what you would need to do if you want to adopt this process.