NEW NAVISION 5.00 SETUP

Hi all,

Please, I need some help.

I have reinstalled my server (Windows 2008 server), setup as domain controller and reinstall NAV as well.

I have attached the DBs directly from the mananagement studio of SQL Server 2005; but I have problem to launch it…

I reinstall the database server as service and it is running, the same for application server; but when try to open it it displays server not acccessible…

Please help

Hi Forum,

What is hapening now is that I succeeded opening the DB on the server.

But from client post, the NAV displays the message of Server not accessible.

PLease can anyone help me?

Hi, what does the error message say exactly?

Hi,

The error message is simple.

The serveur XXX is not accessible (means out of reach).

Thanks

It might help if you could specify how you proceeded step by step in all necessary detail … some screenshots might help as well …

Can you access the SQL Server via the IP? Is the Browser service running?

Try to access it through IP address in DB

Hi Joerg,

I first backup the db files (3).

After reinstalling the server (hard), I installed Windows 2008 server, SQL Server 2005.

I installed the NAV database server and Application server.

From the xp_ndo.dll imported the extended procedures (xp_ndo_Enumusergroups and xp_ndo_enumuserids).

Then I configured the applications server (two services sv-dc01-classic and sv-dc01-sql) which are running and also the dataserver.

I added the network service as account in properties of the three services.

Then I created new DB NAV, after closing I detach the DB files and replace by my backups.

And the server is ok; but when trying to access from the client desktops, it displays server not accessible. I even tried the IP address, no solution. I have the screen shots but don’t know how to add them here.

Nota: I’m french speaker so please tolerate to my level of english.

So you CAN access the server when connecting with a NAV client directly ON the server? But if the NAV client is on a REMOTE machine/PC it fails?

Is the Firewall down? WIth SQL Standard Instance you may need to open port 1433. Can you PING the server IP from the clients?

PS: Don’t worry about the language. I’d say most of the forum’s users are not natively English speakers (as I’m not either) [;)]

YEs, from NAV client on the server I can open the DB.

But from remote PC it doesn’t.

I ping the server from IP address and from name dns. I’m interested in the openning port solution. How do I open the 1433 port?

Thanks

Joerg,

Opening the port 1433 has solve my problem.

I saw hotw to do on tech microsoft.

I’m very greatful to your assistance/support.

Thanks

Hi,

After connecting with my admin ID, the other users cannot connect. NAV says wrong combination of user ID and Password.

When i check, the password column has disapeared.

Any tips to help me?

Hi ALL,

IT IS OK. I JUST HAD TO CREATE THE CONNEXION IN SQL SERVER AS WELL, SINCE IT WAS A NEW INSTANCE.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.

Good to hear you could solve that issue!

Have in mind that MS provides several “walkthroughs” to guide you through the NAV installation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301130.aspx