New Names for Navision Products Line

What are the new names for Navision products ??? Navision Attain will become Microsoft Attain ? And Navision Axapta, Microsoft Axapta ? Is there anything official regarding this ? http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/ ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Microsoft Navision Attain Microsoft Navision Axapta and so on… How long it will take before the “Navision” dissapears is anybody’s guess. My guess is that it will take some time, because there are huge sums invested in branding the name “Navision” Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

I think name ‘Navision’ is going to be here for quite a long-time. I don’t think MS will do the mistake of killing the name so soon. After all it’s the name that you pay the royalty for? May be in some near future, it’ll have a natural death due to .NET/Integration of Solutions. Regards

I think it is pretty clear that the name “Navision” is dead. Microsoft will move very fast to brand “MS BS Attain” as the name. Navision only adds mud to the muddy Great Plains water. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@comcast.net___________

I disagree. If that was the intention, then they would have done the same to Great Plains long ago. There are huge sums of money invested in branding the names “Great Plains” and “Navision”, and I don’t think Microsoft will just ignore that. Actualy, I think the names will continue as Microsoft “brands” in a couple of years. But, we’re all just guessing here :slight_smile: Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

quote:

Originally posted by Lars Strøm Valsted: But, we’re all just guessing here :slight_smile:

Yes, and isn’t it nice that we are allowed to do so? Just think at those poor people working for MBS, they are only allowed to do such talks internally! Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

I would think for the near term of the next 3-5 years that the Navision and Great Plains products will remain with their respective former company names. The only real evidence that I have of this is that the Great Plains name is still around. I would also think that the long term vision of Microsoft is to create a unified Microsoft Business Solutions product line, that incorporates some of the best features of all their current (and future?) product lines in a new product, that is scalable for the small-mid-ERP markets. All running on the next version of SQL of course!

I retract my statement. Take a look at this article: http://www.electronicaccountant.com/ElectronicAccountant/index.cfm?txtFuse=dspShellContent&fuseAction=DISPLAY&numContentID=9870&numTaxonomyID=179 In it, it tells of the dropping of Great Plains from the names of the new versions of their products.

Well thank you. I am normally right, but it is always good to get confirmation _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 [u]dm Edited by - David Singleton on 2002 Aug 01 05:41:39