New Company Content

I am new developer in navision 2009. I have attached dynamics license and created a new database as well as new company but it create it does not show any menu such as Fincial , Retails , Sales , Etc.It is creating empty Menu where the things are going wrong.

I have created manually by using “Navigation Pane Designer” option but it fact it should create all the tables, form and reports automatically but this is not happening in my case.

Thanxs in advance.

After creating the database & Company, just press Alt+12 & then press Esc and sae. You will get the menu’s.

Hi Manish ,

Thanks for quick response but what you suggested is for creating new menu but i want the menu in the same as we found Demo(CRONUS) for the new company after using my license.

I have created manually by using “Navigation Pane Designer” option but in fact it should create all the tables, form and reports automatically but this is not happening in my case.

Just creating a new database doesn’t give you any application objects. You then still need to restore the backup to get the application objects and some demo data.

Suppose i have created new database and new company but i do not have backup to restore so how to processed. Thanks in advance.

Then you’re out of luck. No backup, no objects, no application. Are you seriously starting from absolutely nothing? Talk to whoever gave you this assignment and tell them you can’t get started without a database, and ask for a backup.

If you are a customer / partner then you can download the backup from the customer / partner source.

Suppose i have a company A and database ADB with all objects , application and did some customization too. For company B and in database BDB i want same customization as that in company A but do not want the table data to be imported.

Hi Manoj,

If I understand you correectly you want the objects you customized in B to be updated in A? If that is the case, export the objects you customized in B and then import into A. Make sure you make a backup of the objects in A before you do your import (simply do an export of the objects in A before you do your import). Good luck, JSP

Hi JSP,

Thanks for your reply, the thing you said works for data import / Export , but i am loking for something which can transfer the forms , tables and reports in the same fashion as you did for data import / Export . For eg i have created a Tiime Sheet form and Timesheet table in database A and i want this form and empty table in database B. This is customized setting.

Hi Manoj,

JSP is correctly suggesting exporting the objects and not the data. This is acheived via the Object Designer form and File → Export (Import). If you have not been show how to do this then I stongly advice you to ask an experienced person to show you and explain the implications.