Net Book value of Fixed Asset

Hi ,

What is the way to upload the FA Net book value for the Fixed Assets when it comes to FA opening balances ?

How to upload the depreciation remaining periods of FA , when it comes to FA opening balances ?

Thanks in regards

Any reply ?

You need to post two journals. One for FA balance and other for accumulated depreciation.

Pranav…

What do you mean by FA balance ?

During upload of the FA master , we need to upload the depreciation remaining periods of FA , how to upload this in Axapta ?

If possible , can you blog about this ?

You need to pass fixed asset journal in following fashion.

If Asset Cost is 1000 and Accumulated Depreciation is 499 (Asset WDV 501) then

FixAsset00001 Dr. Depreciation 499

To FixAsset00001 Cr. Acquisition 1000

It will create asset with 1000

It will book depreciation with 499

it will transfer depreciation to Accumulated depreciation 499.

Hope this will solve the problem.

Shantaram has explained it well. I will just try to put this in my points also:

1. While posting opening balance you can post fixed asset account balance and accumulated depreciation balance.

2. Now using FA journal, Post the FA balance with transaction type acquisition and offset it to same ledger account. This way basically you will be moving balance from ledger to sub-ledger.

3. Similarly, post transaction for accumulated depreciation in similar manner.

4. The depreciation expense is always hit directly hit on the ledger account, so no need to worry about that. Only thing is that you need to be careful when posting first depreciation posting after system is live as users generally use depreciation proposal and we need to make sure depreciation is calculated accurately.

Pranav…

In this case it would post the FA Acquistion account and seems to be correct.

In this case if do the same as above then again it will post the FA Acquistion account only , but it should post to Accaccumulated depreciation account not to FA Acquisition account .

please correct me .

How about the FA remaining period upload and explain with an example?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All ,

i am not clear about FA Accumulated depreciation opening , because which transaction type i need to select in the FA journal ?

What should the account type and account No ?

What should be the offset account type and offset account number ?

because as you know Accumulated deprecation amount should not post the FA acqusition account .

Could explain in detail about this ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

to post the Opening balances for the Fixed Assets, you will have to pass the three journal, first for acquisition of the net book value, second for the acquisition adjustment (to update the cost) and last with the Depreciation adjustment (to update the Accumulated depreciation).

For example the cost of the Fixed Asset is 1000 and its accumulated depreciation is 200, then its net book value is 800.

first entry, For Acquisition for NBV select the transaction type “Acquisition” and debit (800)the FA and offset it. Second entry will be, select the “acquisition Adjustment” type and debit (200) the FA and credit the Error account or suspense account(whatever u want to call as last it will be zero).third and the final entry will, select the transaction type “depreciation adjustment” and credit (200) the fixed asset and debit the error account.

So the cost of the assets 1000 (NBV + Adjustment on Acquisition) and accumulated depreciation will be 200. For putting the opening balances opening we should do in this manner otherwise the report will not come correct and the Module GL will not tally.

Last time i did the mistake in the passing the third journal debit the Acquisition Adjustment and credit the accumulated depreciation ledger account so as per the GL is was fine but it will not update the depreciation in the module.

Hi

I have a issue while calculating the Depreciation for the month ending next to the uploading month. Here is the explanation of the scenario:-

In the Legacy system Asset was purchased on 01/04/2006(dd/mm/yyyy) having the cost of Rs 10000/-.

Now we are trying to bring the same asset in ERP on the cut-off date i.e. 01/01/2014. Till 31.12.2013 Accumulated Depreciation was Rs 2000/-

For that I uploaded the FA Master to get the FA ID on 31.12.2013 along with following entries:-

Then posted the following three entries as on 31.12.2013 1) Acquisition Cost 8000/- 2) Acquisition adjustment 2000/- and for the Accumulated Depreciation 2000-.

System correctly showing the Net Book Value as Rs 8000/-.

Now I am trying to run the Depreciation proposal for the Jan’2014 month. The Depreciation method chosen is Reducing Balance Method with 13.91 % ( as its Air Conditioner). Also I have chosen the Depreciation Year as FISCAL and Period Frequency as FISCAL PERIOD on Depreciation Profile to get the Day wise Depreciation as per Indian requirement.

The issue is system is calculating the Depreciation for Jan month on the Acquisition Cost i.e. 10000/- not on the WDV or Net Book Value i…e 8000/-.

Kindly help me to calculate the correct Depreciation amount for Jan month onwards.

Do I am missing any setup to get the correct amount or its the Microsoft Bug. I am using AX 2012 R2 with CU7.

Quick solution is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rajat Jain

in my opinion it is fine the depreciation will run on the Total cost (acquisition value)