Need to order more than Req Quantity in Plan orders

Think i have 1 or 2 as req.Quantity in Plan orders.(Maser planing–> Common–>Plan Orders). But when place an order i need to order more than req.Quantity. How can i resolve this.

Regards!

u want 2 place an order more than current quantity.

order multiples? safety stock?

Why are you ordering more is my challenge!

This is the problem. When we create a production order from MRP for 1 sales order system creates multiple production orders(Same item). Insted of that how can i consolidate multiple sales orders into one production.

This is the problem. When we create a production order from MRP for 1 sales order system creates multiple production orders(Same item). Insted of that how can i consolidate multiple sales orders into one production

That is a completely different issue!

Show us the net requirements screen where you have a sales order for 1 and produciton order for 1xn for the same item. Why do you want to consolidate? If you are saying teh sales order is for 10 the production order will be for 10. If you have 5 sales orders for 2 each do you get 5 and want 1 production order?

Yes sorry for the asked wrong question. Yes you are correct. there can be multiple sales order for one production order. I need to consolidate because all sales orders are for one production order. suppose there are 5 sales orders for 1 production order there must be one production order.

You need to change your coverage group configuration. I am guessing you are set to requirement currently which will create a 1:1. Set it to Period and see what happens.

yep that is the problem thank you very much AdamRoue