Navision Solutions 3.0

Whats about Navision solutions 3.0? When? Whats new? Why there are no info on navision.com? Plea

Here in Denmark the Danish Solution Centers have gotten a copy of the most recent BETA VERSION (number 2) just a week ago. But I’ve heard that the release is delayed and will not be available until 3rd. quarter 2001 (September/October). But this is unconfirmed, so don’t shot me if they are not going to release it until much later. As I see it, thne Navision Solutions is “just” a new release of Navision Financials. With many good news and features, that it will take me too much time to write about. The thing I’ve seen and like very much is: - The much improved Contact Manager - now called Business Interaction Manager, that will solve many small companies requirements in the CRM area. - The field service management system. Just great! - The integrated Advanced Distribution system, that will move our application to a whole new level. - Partly integrated Manufacturing. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Erik,as i right understand you sep/oct is the best possible date,noway sooner and even probably later? And so i cant understand how NSCs now can earn clients,as they can suggest just “must die product” until autumn? And .Is there any official or may be unofficial source of detailed information on this topic? Thanks for your answer!

Sergik, Nobody really knows. I don’t believe that we should expect it sooner. If Navision knew for sure then I’m sure they would tells all. But all who have worked with systems development knows that it’s very hard to estimate how long time things take. The only official thing that I’ve heard of is that they will tell more in May. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

I thought somebody had mentioned (on this bb maybe?) that Navision 3.0 had some powerful integration with internet browsers. Has anybody heard anything like this? I think this would be great… if it is true…

quote:

as i right understand you sep/oct is the best possible date,noway sooner and even probably later?

NF W3.0 is going to be released in June/July. But that doesn’t solve your problem: W3.0 means that this will be the pure World-Standard 3.0 Solution which is being sent to the national NF Headquarters for being adapted to the local market. Depending on the amount of work it takes to translate the version, the manpower at the national HQ and the amount of adaptions which have to be made for each local market (typically Human Ressources, VAT etc.) it can take anything around 3 months until the local (russian in your case) version is being released. In Switzerland for example the National Version CH3.0 is anounced for end of September so this might give a certain estimy of how long it might take. Only Navision Russia would be able to name a realistic release date of the russian version. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian Edited by - fabian on 2001 Mar 24 01:30:43

quote:

Originally posted by xgrk88a: I thought somebody had mentioned (on this bb maybe?) that Navision 3.0 had some powerful integration with internet browsers. Has anybody heard anything like this? I think this would be great… if it is true…

Mitch, If you call user portal and Microsoft Dashboard a powerful integration - well let’s accept that for the moment. Basically, the Dashboard is a tool which allows a user (typically a remote working employee such as a salesperson) to work via Internet on his home server, accessing his Outlook Schedule, his e-mails and work with application such as Navision. So yes, it is in fact a powerful tool. But ask me again after March 29th about this issue if you want to know more. As that date i’m going to have a class at Navision Switzerland about XML/User Portal ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

it IS REALLY a powerful tool although it still leaves much room for improvement (we already had the 2-days workshop for Commerce Gateway and User Portal(UP) a few weeks ago :wink: UP comes with new dataport functionality: XML-Import/Export, you can indent data items like in reports (only for XML). This is how the request is sent from within the jscript business object processor (by using a COM componet called UPSC): For Dataports: XMLData.loadXML(UPASCon.SendDataportRequest(XMLQuery)); For reports: XMLData.loadXML(UPASCon.SendReportRequest(XMLQuery)); etc. These possibilities can easily be extended. But Navision has an additional XML abtraction layer they call MetaGUI which handles all that necessary stuff. The design changes can mostly be done by using Navision’s Webparts Framework which consists of the templates used for adapting the different browser areas (webparts) like the menu or the “most recently used” feature. This is how it is handled in the top layer, e.g. for the customer: As you can see Customer and DocType are parms passed by the URL, the query is defined by using a few tags and attibutes. The rest is done by the rendering engine which uses the XML to generate the above seen requests: @Customer @DocType A major drawback at the moment is the missing support for different companies within the same application server. Right now the UP application server is a special client (like the message dispatcher in webshop) but the communications is not handled by C/AL but a COM component. After it’s started, it creates a new COM object for handling the XML communication. At the moment, there is no possiblility to do that in different company scopes. So far for sunday morning :wink: Bye, Torsten Edited by - todro on 2001 Mar 25 10:36:09

Hi Torsten, Thanks very much for sharing this with us. I see that you are a new member in this forum but I realized before the high quality of your postings! I hope you decide to stay active and enrich us with your extraordinary Web-knowledge! ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

Fabian, (or anyone else with good info…) Anything new to post in this area? I’m asking again, since it’s after march 29th.

quote:

Originally posted by AndersW: I’m asking again, since it’s after march 29th.

Nothing changed here so far. Should it have changed? Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

quote:

Nothing changed here so far. Should it have changed?

You missunderstood, Erik. Anders is right. I promised that I would be able to provide new information about UserPortal (UP) after march 29th since I was at a UP training at NSCH this date. So if you have open questions concerning UP, feel free to ask (again) I might be able to answer by now. However, I feel that this subject belongs to the Developer forum and not to the End User Questions. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian Edited by - fabian on 2001 Apr 09 16:22:43

Ahh, sorry. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

quote:

Originally posted by fabian: However, I feel that this subject belongs to the Developer forum and not to the End User Questions.

So do I. I’ ll post there. When I have managed to make a question from my almost non-existing knowledge about UP.