Navision Security

What has anyone out there done with Navision Security. I know Navision US suggests to create an “ALL-NOFORMS” role, and then add another role with all the individual forms that the user needs. However, that seems like too much hassle. But the problems associated with the roles that ship with Navision don’t really seem to be the way to go either. Anyone have any ideas or ways that they’ve approached the security problems? Daniel

Daniel, The advice you quoted is not bad. This is a standard practice to assign one basic (like “ALL-NOFORMS”) role and some specific roles according your security policy to the user login account. Regards, Yuri Pokusaev IBS, Senior Consultant NCPS, NCSD ypokusaev@yahoo.com +7(095)987-8080

I am working with someone now that has a User Profile (Profile based group selection) which includes company security… I have also done functions including security role combination etc etc. As you say, regarding groups, we do something like an ALL-NO FORMS group… but more often than not we teach the customers how to manage security and let them decide how to move forward with groups and creating them etc Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au