Navision RTC (sp1) client losing connection

Hi All,

My client has been losing connection from the rtc (it seems to be since we installed nav2009 sp1)

The screen shot below is an example of the error message they receive

When they click ok to the error the rtc closes - they can restart it immediately and it works ok

The error is occuring on some users only at seemingly random intervals suring the day

5732.clip_image002.jpg

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

John

Further to my original post the error has occurred several more times but I have found details of the error in the server event log as follows - the problem appears to be that when the user types in something invalid (location in the example below) navision should just give an error message to the user and allow them to continue but in some cases it is closing the users connection and reporting the error in the event log:

Service: MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$LiveSvr01

User: SPALDINGS\ST Anderson

Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavFatalCSideException

Message: Your connection to the server was closed due to the following problem. Location Code ‘5’ does not exist. [83951621]

StackTrace:

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavRuntimeAdapter.ErrorHandler(Int32 errorCode, Int32 errorNumber, Int32 moduleNumber, String errorText)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NativeMethods.AdapterValidateFieldNoFlowValidation(IntPtr connectionHandle, UInt32[] serverIndirectPermissions, IntPtr tableHandle, IntPtr recHandle, Int32 fieldNo, Boolean isUserInput)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavRecord.ValidateField(NavFieldEvent fieldEvent, NCLMetaField metaField, Boolean isUserInput)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavRecord.Validate(NCLMetaField metaField, NavValue newValue, NavRecord callerRecord, Boolean isUserInput)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavRecord.ValidateUserInput(Int32 fieldNo, NavValue newValue, NavRecord callerRecord)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NsDataAccess.Validate(Int32 fieldId)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSField.ValidateField(NavConnection connection)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSField.Validate(NavConnection connection)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSService.<>c__DisplayClass36.b__35(Connection connection)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSService.ExecuteOperation[T](String operationName, ServiceOperation`1 operation, Connection connection, Boolean revertLanguageChanges, WindowsIdentity impersonationIdentity)

Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Ncl

Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavCSideException

ErrorCode: 83951621

ErrorNumber: 5

ModuleNumber: 1

SuppressMessage: False

FatalityScope: None

Update

We have crearted a scheduled job to restart the RTC service on the navision server every night and this has stopped the problem.

Interesting - 750 views of the post but not one single reply! I wonder what is different about our setup that is causing this problem that no one else is experiencing.

And why have you done so to a services which is running in the background.

Its not problem of NAV its the user who does it first and blames on the system.

Did you read the post before replying?

Hi,

Thanks for posting this… I also seem to get the connection error sometimes when NAV is actually supposed to just error normally: E.g. “Code #### is Invalid”. I’m still trying to find out why this error occurs. I’ll post if I find out why.

Regards,

Vince