Navision Objects

Where can I get the brief list of forms, tables, reports in each module, such as object number and object name.

Hello Ily, Don’t know if you’ll find what you want with this but if you make a report, you can select data items that you normally cannot see in the object designer. Can be helpfull (20000000 and so on)

I’m doing the Navision translation. I read the Navision Localization WorkBench manual and found the topic about several translators working on a same project. it said: “Method 2 The other way to share the translation of a project is to let users work on their own version of the project. Either a version that contains a subset of the total project or a copy of the total project. In the latter case, each user should be assigned a specific portion of the total project, e.g. an application area. The individual projects can then be merged into a master copy using the AutoTranslate function (Full match option). The translation must be merged into an empty master copy. This means if you need to merge the translation more than once, you must have several empty master copies. The reason is that once a string is translated in the master project, it will not be re-translated during a subsequent AutoTranslate function. Only strings with a status of Not Translated are considered during AutoTranslate.” Steps for Method 2: 1 Create a master copy of the project that contains the source file(s). Note: Create a copy of the master copy if you will use Method 2 (AutoTranslate) repeatedly. 2 Provide each translator with a copy of the master copy. 3 Split the project into an adequate number of areas so that one translator for example translates Human Resources and another one General Ledger and so on. … I’m not very clear about step 3, how can I split it by different areas such as General Ledger, AP, AR, Manufacturing etc. Thanks

So far as i know there is no exact documentation on which objects belong to which module… and there do also exist a lot of tables that are used in a lot of modules (department code / project code). I guess what the manual refers to is simply to assign object ranges to translate for each team member, e.g. team member 1 translates table 1-100, team member 2 tables 200 - 300, etc. I can imagine it would be more convenient to have a “module-specific” translation (to assure consistency) but this distribution might be difficult to arrange. A couple of modules are quite nicely organized though, like HR (range 5200), CRM (range 5000)… In any case, I would recommend to test the merge of the different translations into the master localization database! Saludos Nils